Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UNC Waitlist news?  (Read 1793 times)

bhsueiu

• View Profile
UNC Waitlist news?
« on: May 26, 2005, 12:58:57 PM »
Does anybody have any news regarding the UNC Waitlist?

Thanks!

tegra8

Re: UNC Waitlist news?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 01:25:34 PM »
nope, havent seen anyboy on LSN in a while either... there is a week or two stretch where everyone was rejected but nothing recently

i sent them a new LOR and continued interest letter a couple weeks ago and all they said was they would let me know asap as far as a decision

bhsueiu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 09:30:44 AM »
*sigh*  I've just been WILLING the waitlist to start moving.  Doesn't seem to be helping though.  Still a little early though-they have an admitted students open house on June 10th according to posters on LSD, so hopefully it will start to open up around then.

How long are you willing to stay on the waitlist?  Up until orientation, or will you withdraw at some point?

tegra8

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 10:36:22 AM »
*sigh*  I've just been WILLING the waitlist to start moving.  Doesn't seem to be helping though.  Still a little early though-they have an admitted students open house on June 10th according to posters on LSD, so hopefully it will start to open up around then.

How long are you willing to stay on the waitlist?  Up until orientation, or will you withdraw at some point?

I want to say like August 1st, because pretty much anything after that would be extremely chaotic as far as moving, getting organized, etc since I would be coming from FL....  but it would be extremely hard to turn them down at any point since they are by far my top choice

tegra8

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 01:47:07 PM »
hey did you get the waitlist info email today?? 

tegra8

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 12:06:30 PM »
bump....

it's the end of the month and it was supposedly going to be moving....

bhsueiu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 02:42:31 PM »
well, technically tomorrow is the end of the month...but I'm thinking maybe the end of this week??

bhsueiu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2005, 02:49:32 PM »
I'm sure I would have seen something if it had happened, but to recap, UNC sent out an email saying 'end of the month'...it's now the beginning of the next month...any word?  Anyone?  Bueller?

tegra8

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005, 03:38:18 PM »
nothing.... im thinking it has to be moving soon with schools like georgetown and vanderbilt going to their waitlists.  you would think those would be schools that would have direct trickle down effect on UNC, but what do I know.  still havent seen/heard anything on here or LSN about anyone getting pulled off, so i dont know if that's good or bad.  im thinking good because at one point they told me i had a good chance of getting off the waitlist if they went to it, but who knows at this point

fireplace

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2005, 08:41:38 AM »
Sorry for the wait. I hope you get a shot.  Are you instaters? I know I've asked this before.  I'm not sure why the waitlist would move now really.  I would not expect anything until August. I don't know of any more deposits though that would force the hand of anyone.