Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Breakthrough!!  (Read 1037 times)

avh00a

• View Profile
Breakthrough!!
« on: June 05, 2004, 04:41:45 PM »
I just had a huge breakthrough on preptest #23.  If you remember, i have been known to suck big time at LR questions, but this time a good effort improved my score dramatically.

I ended up with a 172 by getting 24/24 on the games, 19/26 on one LR, 21/24 on another, and 23/26 on the RC.

Has anyone else taken this test because the raw scores are much lower than on any other test I have seen.  A 96 was good enough for a 180.  Could it have anything to do with question 1 on section three that was "unscored"?

PennQuaker

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSN:pennquaker
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Lubester
    • View Profile
Re: Breakthrough!!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 06:19:35 PM »
I got a 171 on this test..which is a little above my testing average.  This definitely could have happened due to the unscored question and/or a more favorable distribution on account of a tougher test.
Depositing: Stanford
Waitlisting: Yale, Harvard

Candide

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2004, 06:32:29 PM »
I took this test today too and also did well (167 - 13/24 AR, 43/50 LR, 25-26 RC).  I stared at that blank that read "Question withheld from scoring" for like a minute wondering if the lucky people who got this test just got a free answer because LSAC made a bad question.  However, I would assume that LSAC would have to rescale their test after they realized it was bad in order to account for this "withheld" question.  Does anyone know if this question was challenged internally by LSAC or by a test-taker? 

Haz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2004, 07:51:58 PM »
Funny.

I took the test today and performed the worst I have in weeks-- 157, UGH! I scored 165 on preptest 22. I know for sure what happened; I wasn't focused because I took the test at home with numerous unwelcome interruptions.  I did HORRIBLE on the games, not my morning.  I'm going to take another one tonight to redeem myself.
Hello Wisconsin!

M2

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2004, 09:44:30 PM »
Funny.

I took the test today and performed the worst I have in weeks-- 157, UGH! I scored 165 on preptest 22. I know for sure what happened; I wasn't focused because I took the test at home with numerous unwelcome interruptions.  I did HORRIBLE on the games, not my morning.  I'm going to take another one tonight to redeem myself.

i took this oen a couple months ago and also got one of my worst scores...not sure if it was because it was two months ago or because it was hard.

Dilettante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2004, 03:02:32 AM »
24/24 on the games... wow.  Congrats, that must be some feeling.  I got 21/24 today, my best score ever, and I about wet my pants.  It's amazing, you can really make progress once you start eating, sleeping and drinking LSAT.