Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: WTF R TTT T14?  (Read 21520 times)

St. Shaun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yes, I am this pretty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: WTF R TTT T14?
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2005, 02:01:43 AM »
LSAC just penalizes people for taking the same class twice.  Which I did twice.  I shouldn't have been a music major.  Oh well, it worked out fine in the end.
You can't make everyone happy...
but you can sure piss everyone off.

• View Profile
Re: WTF R third tier toilet T14?
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2005, 03:03:28 AM »
w's don't hurt your lsdas gpa at all.  i have a few and my lsdas gpa went up (A+s turned into 4.3).  if you're a gpa whore get a W instead of the low grade.  don't get too many though cause adcoms can look at them and see that you're a slacker.  at the same time, since it doesn't hurt your lsdas gpa, it doesn't hurt you as much when you come across adcoms that are trying to game their usnwr rankings.

Amanda H.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2005, 04:17:20 AM »
This thread deserves an XOXOHTH-style response, so here goes ....

Anything but Yale, Harvard, Columbia, and Penn (edit: any maybe Chicago depending on the poster).

HTH (hope that helps)

Are you kidding? Other than the Penn (PEnn in XOXO speak) trolls on that board, Penn gets trashed all the time. Maybe not at the level of Boalt, Michigan, Cooley or PCL, but it certainly can be considered third tier toilet.

Anything but Yale, Harvard, Chicago and maybe UVa (Have never seen it dissed on XOXO).

Penn gets bashed far more than Michigan, which has a much better rep.  This only got worse when Penn started falsifying data. 

Yale is the only school I never see dissed on discussion boards.  (Chicago gets plenty of crap, and even Harvard gets ripped ocassionaly.)

Amanda H.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2005, 04:25:57 AM »
The top 14 schools are called the "Top 14" because they've all been ranked in the top 14 for almost every year USNews has been ranking schools.  They also tend to me more national than other programs, with higher rep ratings (though Texas and maybe UCLA are fairly comparable in this last category).  Finally, these schools have higher student numbers than most other schools, although some schools like UCLA are not far behind. 

You don't hear much about a "Top 14" in the real world, but you do hear about a "Top 10".  Traditionally, HYS, Chicago, Columbia, Michigan, NYU, Boalt, UVa and Penn were considered the top 10 programs.  Duke, NU, Cornell, and Georgetown were considered a cut below.  However, the last four schools have worked to improve their student numbers to the point where some have cracked the top 10 in USNews, and students have begun to view them as more comparable in quality to the other schools. 

headlesschicken

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2005, 12:28:11 PM »
This thread deserves an XOXOHTH-style response, so here goes ....

Anything but Yale, Harvard, Columbia, and Penn (edit: any maybe Chicago depending on the poster).

HTH (hope that helps)

Are you kidding? Other than the Penn (PEnn in XOXO speak) trolls on that board, Penn gets trashed all the time. Maybe not at the level of Boalt, Michigan, Cooley or PCL, but it certainly can be considered third tier toilet.

Anything but Yale, Harvard, Chicago and maybe UVa (Have never seen it dissed on XOXO).

Penn gets bashed far more than Michigan, which has a much better rep.  This only got worse when Penn started falsifying data. 

Yale is the only school I never see dissed on discussion boards.  (Chicago gets plenty of darn, and even Harvard gets ripped ocassionaly.)

If I had wanted to really piss people off in true XOXOHTH fashion, I would have said "Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, NYU, Chicago, Michigan, Penn, Berkeley, UVA, Cornell, Northwestern, Georgetown, and Duke" in my original response.

PS I think the idea of TTT T14's is ludicrous. I just saw the title of the thread and knew exactly what type of response would have appeared immediately after the original question was posted (or immediately after the homophobic or racist comments which almost always appear as the first responses to any question on XOXO).
179/3.97 (Top3)
Total payments to Yale, 1999-2008: >$250,000