Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: WTF R TTT T14?  (Read 21727 times)

oldhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
WTF R TTT T14?
« on: May 25, 2005, 08:21:44 PM »

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
Re: WTF R TTT T14?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 08:29:25 PM »
T-14= the top 14 law schools, according to the US News rankings. It is thought significant because the same 14 schools have been in the top 14 for many years, dating back to the 80's I believe.

TTT: Slang term-"Third Tier Toilet". Refers to third and fourth tier law schools (as determined by US news), and serves as a general insult aimed at law schools that people may just not like (Boalt, NW, Michigan seem to be popular non "TTT" targets)

Cooley is a law school, very low ranked, arguably the worst of the ABA accredited law schools.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

tacojohn

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I voted. P. Diddy told us to vote"
    • ICQ Messenger - 176834534
    • MSN Messenger - tacojohniu@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TacoJohnIU
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tacojohniu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Fearfully Optimistic
    • Email
Re: WTF R third tier toilet T14?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 08:40:51 PM »
Cooley's bad rep comes not just from its ranking, but from it's a few other factors.  First, and probably most importantly, Cooley "rejected" the USNews rankings and created their own...which unsuprisingly puts Cooley in I think the top 25.  Cooley is also famous for its attrition rate, which is one of the highest of ABA schools, and gives the school a horrible atmoshpere, so I'm told.

oldhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 09:15:29 PM »
Thanks.

I'll cross Cooley off the list.  ;)

headlesschicken

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 06:13:15 PM »
This thread deserves an XOXOHTH-style response, so here goes ....

Anything but Yale, Harvard, Columbia, and Penn (edit: any maybe Chicago depending on the poster).

HTH (hope that helps)
179/3.97 (Top3)
Total payments to Yale, 1999-2008: >$250,000

HawkEye

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 06:14:48 PM »
I'm sure you get asked this all the time but Google yielded nothing.

Can anyone explain what third tier toilet and T14 mean? I was reading some threads by the nutjobs over at XOXOTH or whatever that discussion board is and these inside jokes came up often.

Also, what/who is "Cooley" and his/her/its rankings?

Are u Cooley?  Cooley is a no life, crazy, "Man-hunt" playing loser, who makes multi accounts in LSD and talks *&^% to people.  Some of his *&^% involve out of the world, crazy and insane things like starting a discussion like "F-you all 3rd tier toilet..blabla".  Then this crazy freak would respond to HIMSELF by switching Screename to "captain cooley" or "Cooley's dog" and write "get out of here cooley, you are annoying."  He had a post where he was talking to himself with multi accounts to start up some annoying conversation.

The reason why I asked you if you are cooley is because he is the only idiot in the world that would waste his precious time but doing some insane *&^%. 

RufusTheStuntBum

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 06:15:45 PM »
Cooley's bad rep comes not just from its ranking, but from it's a few other factors.  First, and probably most importantly, Cooley "rejected" the USNews rankings and created their own...which unsuprisingly puts Cooley in I think the top 25.  Cooley is also famous for its attrition rate, which is one of the highest of ABA schools, and gives the school a horrible atmoshpere, so I'm told.

Also the attrition is forced.  They fail out half the class to keep their bar passage rates reasonable.  I wouldn't want some slackers ruining the bar passage rate at my school but that would really suck.

HawkEye

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005, 06:15:59 PM »
The reason why T14 is special is because they have JSD programs while non-T14 do not.  UCLA, USC, BOSTON..etc do not have JSD, While even Georgetown (the lowest T14) has one.

XYZZY

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 06:17:50 PM »
i just noticed cooley no longer shows up at the top when doing a 'third tier toilet' search on google.

Amanda H.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005, 09:52:47 PM »
This thread deserves an XOXOHTH-style response, so here goes ....

Anything but Yale, Harvard, Columbia, and Penn (edit: any maybe Chicago depending on the poster).

HTH (hope that helps)

Actually, Penn is much more of a TTT than the other traditional top 10 schools, including NYU, which is borderline.   ;)