Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Preptest #38 (Games only) The Sky Is Falling  (Read 978 times)

M2

Preptest #38 (Games only) The Sky Is Falling
« on: June 05, 2004, 02:40:52 PM »
I got a raw score of MOTHERFUCKING 5!!! ::)

WTF is going on???/?????!?!?!??!?!?!?! :
i went from getting 17 right on avg to 13 then to 9 and now 5

LMAO!!! WTF I would have gotten a 160 on this...
I might as well have guessed D on every single problem and statistically I would have gotten the same number right
(actually guessing D would have gotten me 7 right!!)

Excuse me while I go puke.

Maybe that will be my new strategy. Just work on two games the whole time, and guess on the rest.
At least that gives me 17 min per game

jgruber

Re: Preptest #38 (Games only) The Sky Is Falling
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 02:42:31 PM »
Sounds like you need a break.

M2

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2004, 02:44:05 PM »
Yeh Im really pissed about this... need to go de-stress... sounds like a good time for the gym

nathanielmark

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2004, 02:44:49 PM »
dont sweat it M2.  its a fluke.  but you may want to take a close look at what happened.  careless errors?  did you spend too much time on the wrong game?  You may also be getting burnt out.  i scored a 14 on this one so i wasnt so hot myself. 

M2

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2004, 02:46:04 PM »
dont sweat it M2.  its a fluke.  but you may want to take a close look at what happened.  careless errors?  did you spend too much time on the wrong game?  You may also be getting burnt out.  i scored a 14 on this one so i wasnt so hot myself. 

I somehow missed every question of the first game.
Im about to look at it now...
It's pretty damn hard to not even get one question correct by accident lol

nathanielmark

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2004, 02:46:20 PM »
the gym and maybe a booty call...

M2

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2004, 02:50:53 PM »
the gym and maybe a booty call...

Girlfriend is away for the weekend  >:(

M2

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2004, 02:58:20 PM »
God i'm a friggin moron...

There is no X in game 1...but the Y i wrote looked  a lot like an X...so when I was seeing which variable was a random...i saw X..."oh hey no rules about X must be a random"... yeh thats because X isn't even in this  game..

So thats why I got every question in game 1 wrong

nathanielmark

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2004, 03:05:21 PM »
that blows.  i do that too.  usually its with Y, V, or U.  my x's are generally pretty good.  i may try to think of a better way to differentiate the letters like a vertical slash thru a u and a horizontal thru a V.  but those types of systems may just add to the confusion at this point.  look at it this way, it happened now so hopefully you will be more careful and not make the mistake when it counts.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2004, 03:21:52 PM »
Also, I've been getting frustrated with the newer games.  So you're not alone.  I keep reading through each game quickly to scan for ones I can do easier/faster than others.  I've been picking the wrong games.  So now, I've been trying to just pick a game I think looks good, and diagram it.  If I don't like the looks, or don't feel like I have enough inferences, especially after looking at the first question, I skip it and do a different one.

It seems that, instinctively, I pick the hardest games.  Initially, while doing the Oct 01, i freaked.  After looking over the games, I was like wtf.  But I took a deep breath, and decided to do whatever I could, and not even worry about finishing the section.  And I aced it.

If you've been having the same experience, the intitial freak out is throwing you off your game.  I'd try to just move on quickly if you're not having an easy go of it, because really, if you've diagrammed correctly and made all your inferences right from the start, then each game can reasonably be done in under 6 minutes.

And I realized I was getting lazy with my rules after doing the PS Pure Grouping Super Drill in the hw section.  Try that out, if you haven't yet.  It might kick your ass up a gear.   :)