Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 143, 151, 171+  (Read 1824 times)

Nizzy

• View Profile
Re: 143, 151, 171+
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2005, 07:58:19 AM »
Dude, I used to get 173 on practice timed. 2 days before the test I had 169. I got 167 on the real one. YOU SHOULD GO TAKE THE REAL ONE, POP YOUR FIRST CHERRY, AND STOPPING MUMBLING ABOUT YOUR VIRGIN MASTURBATION RESULTS. You sound like, "dude, I got a crazy 167 orgasm by doing it myself"

Huh? Are you suggesting I take the real lsat now because your score dropped after practice tests? And you need to calm down man...If you can find a way to bring up masturbation and virginity when talking about lsat scores, well then...

Despite the crude way he said it, I think he is saying that you should focus on the results of timed practice tests since time management is maybe the most important factor in the test.  Can't say I particularly disagree, it will at least give you a better idea of your progress.

Faure

• Sr. Citizen
  • Meow
    • AOL Instant Messenger - leoninshikari
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Faure_Fan
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2005, 08:27:26 AM »
Time management is absolutely key in taking any timed test. I had a huge jump from my initial practice test to my final LSAT score. The key for me was the "games" section. I think it is possible to improve in all sections, but the games and arguments sections generally leave the most room for improvement, since so many of us have our reading strategy already ingrained in our heads. Don't bank on a massive improvement, but shoot for a realistic goal. I know this sounds silly, but try getting your heart beat up before you take your practice tests. Anything you can do to simulate the real test situation is going to help. Good luck on your test!

carabinero

• View Profile
    • My LSN Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2005, 10:11:02 AM »
Why would he make that comment regarding time management when every test I take is timed? Every practice test I take is under simulated conditions, otherwise, I could look at each question for minutes at a time. I still dont see the reasoning behind the analogy

Nizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2005, 05:45:59 PM »
Why would he make that comment regarding time management when every test I take is timed? Every practice test I take is under simulated conditions, otherwise, I could look at each question for minutes at a time. I still dont see the reasoning behind the analogy

Ah, good point. I thought he was responding to the OP.  Really don't get what he was talking about now, either.

carabinero

• View Profile
    • My LSN Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2005, 01:55:33 AM »

Ah, good point. I thought he was responding to the OP. Really don't get what he was talking about now, either.

maybe he had been reading this....
http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,34587.0.html