Law School Discussion

any news re: stanford WL?

any news re: stanford WL?
« on: May 24, 2005, 04:35:28 PM »
has anybody heard anything recently about stanford's WL?  what about harvard's?

ori

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: any news re: stanford WL?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 04:09:50 PM »
Just called Stanford.  The admissions rep said Stanford just began reviewing application this week and will be taking ppl off of the WL beginning next week.  They will notify the admitted students by phone.

NickyFitt

• 166/3.97 ---and charming!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NickyFitt
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - NickyFitt
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 06:37:04 PM »
Just bumbing this.  Anybody heard anything?

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 02:46:59 PM »
I'm in!!  I had to pinch myself several times to make sure it wasn't a dream.

Missed the call on Tuesday from the assistant director of admissions and didn't get in touch with her till yesterday, when she informed me that "a spot has opened up."

Got my admissions packet today, t-shirt included, even for people that they know are going to come.

stoli212 on LSN for any who are interested.  Good luck to anyone else still waiting.

psu4u

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 04:52:54 PM »
Congrats  :)!! Did you send in a letter of continued interest/additional materials? I'm also on the waitlist and trying to find anything helpful that I could do at this point.

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 09:27:01 PM »
I sent a letter of interest, as well as a third recommendation, but that was primarily because I thought that one of the original ones was written by a professor of mine who isn't the most eloquent and doesn't have the most wonderful grammar.  Also, an updated transcript and updated info about academic awards.  Finally, I had sent in a supplementary statement in March, specific for Stanford, that apparently didn't make it into my file, so I submitted it again.  In any case, I didn't send anything in that didn't say something new.  Hope this helps, and good luck!

psu4u

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 10:10:50 PM »
Did they e-mail you or give any sort of notification that they had recieved the new materials/updated your file? I sent in a letter/updated transcipt, etc.., but didn't receive any confirmation that my file had been updated.

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 11:36:57 PM »
Nope, nothing.  However, their admins are super-nice.  I'm sure you can call and ask if they were received.

bruin

• View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2005, 01:30:40 AM »
Congrats on Stanford! Great news.

re. Harvard. There is at least 1 thread here or in the admit thread concerning this. 2 ppl have posted getting in off the WL.

kash

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2005, 05:58:55 AM »
Stoli...we're in the same boat!! Congrats!!

I also heard this week...what are you doing about housing? I'm curious because it didn't sound like there was a good shot at getting Stanford housing at this point in the game.