Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UGA, what a joke  (Read 6595 times)

wrmusgro

Re: UGA, what a joke
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2005, 06:59:18 PM »
God must think the same thing about Auburn, Florida, and Tennessee... Because UGA cannot beat them.  Of course UGA did beat Florida last year, but what is the overall record the last 15 years or so?? 

For argument's sake, we'll just use the last three years of records of UGA vs Auburn, Florida, and Tennessee.

Georgia is 2-1 vs Auburn
Georgia is 1-2 vs Florida
Georgia is 2-1 vs Tennessee

And some other tidbits about Georgia Football......

Georgia also has a record of 34-6 over the last three years

Georgia has had 3 straight 10+ win seasons

Georgia has had 3 straight top 10 ranking finishes

Georgia has won 3 straight New Year's Day Bowl Games

Georgia has 1 SEC title and 2 SEC East Titles

and oh yeah...GEORGIA IS 3-0 VS TECH  OVER THE LAST THREE YEARS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now what has Tech done over the last three years? ;D

wrmusgro

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2005, 07:08:22 PM »
UGA may have been 10-2, but the season was an overall disappointment and failure.  All you dumb dawgs were having visions of a national championship before game one, but you couldnt even make it to the SEC Championship if i remember correctly!  Go War Eagles!

Funny, UGA is not known for its academics, so what will happen if its football continues to disappoint?  Start cheering for Tech baseball?

And oh yeah, UGA IS KNOWN for it's academics. It does happen to be in the Top 20 of Public schools according to USN&WR's 2005 rankings of National Universities (albeit without a ranking as high as Tech...see I can admit things that are true...unlike some people ...Techgrad2004...)

And UGA does happen to be the State of Georgia's Flagship University....which is a distinction that GA. Tech DOES NOT hold. So stop being bitter about having went to Tech and not having any fun.

gatechgrad2004

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2005, 07:17:21 PM »
I can give credit where credit is due, but saying that "UGA does happen to be the State of Georgia's Flagship University" is laughable. 

The student population overall at UGA has become better since the HOPE scholarship was created.  Students that would have never considered UGA are now attending because the tuition is free.  This inevitably makes UGA's ranking increase.  This does not necessarily translate to a better education, though.  Just better overall students, which affects rankings (i.e. SAT scores, GPA, etc)

oh, for clarification, how did UGA do in football against Tech the three years prior to the ones you mentioned?  Of course you didnt mention these or your argument would have fallen apart.

Gosh, i love rivalries!   ;D 

gatechgrad2004

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2005, 07:20:07 PM »
The fact that you barely beat Tech last year is laughable, too.  We were definitely a sub-par football team and you dumb dawgs were supposedly ranked 8 or so... can you say overrated?  :-)

wrmusgro

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2005, 07:34:04 PM »
The fact that you barely beat Tech last year is laughable, too.  We were definitely a sub-par football team and you dumb dawgs were supposedly ranked 8 or so... can you say overrated?  :-)

Maybe Reggie Ball thought that Calvin Johnson was in the first row of Samford Stdium....oh well a Win is a win...

Also....how many years in a row did UGA beat Tech prior to Tech beating UGA three years in a row...7? 8?

Bottom line is that the rivalry between UGA and Tech is hardly a rivalry. UGA has flat out OWNED Tech for years. If I wasn't so lazy I'd find out what the exact series record is...oh wait I found it.....

UGA has a record of 56-36-5 vs Tech....now what do you have to say?

And oh yeah...UGA has ALWAYS been the Flagship University of Georgia.....now go cry yourself to sleep.

gatechgrad2004

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2005, 07:50:39 PM »
HA HA HA

I agree, Reggie Ball is smart enough to play for Georgia.  ;)

That game sucked overall... it was cold, rainy, and our QB cannot count to 4. 

let's debate which school has a better baseball team, then i can actually win the argument, LOL.

wrmusgro

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2005, 07:54:38 PM »
HA HA HA

I agree, Reggie Ball is smart enough to play for Georgia.  ;)

That game sucked overall... it was cold, rainy, and our QB cannot count to 4. 

let's debate which school has a better baseball team, then i can actually win the argument, LOL.

Yeah UGA went 30-25 this year. Hardly a way to followup a deep run into the College World Series from the year before.

UGA did beat Tech the last time they played them at Turner Field though.....and they did beat Tech last year to go to the CWS....but Tech does have the better team this year...see I can be honest.

gatechgrad2004

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2005, 08:08:48 PM »
HA HA HA   :)

we are both trying to be honest and be nice... this is scary...

you have to admit, though, rivalries are fun (or "ownership" is i think what you called it and how Florida fans feel about UGA)  see, i still have to throw that lil jab.   ;)

i assume you recently graduated from Georgia?  I have many friends that have recently graduated from there or are in grad school currently.

drowles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2005, 09:58:17 PM »
It's getting way too easy to upset you dumb dawgs! I love it!  ;D

Albeit, you dumb dawgs are pretty clever, too, much more so than I.  Your insults are harsh, especially the one about Buffalo not having a summer and the lack of girls at Tech.  Good job, Captain Obvious.  If used correctly, that attribute will make you a fine attorney! 

Speaking of "d-bag" schools, i'm curious, where did you get your environmental engineering degree?  I'm going to take a wild guess and say not Georgia Tech.

Nope... Tulane.. a good town.. and.. funnily enough.. a few girls.. i feel bad for you.. Buffalo is gonna suck balls!
ATTENDING... UGA.. GO DAWGS!!!
Accepted: UGA, GW PT, Tulane
Dinged:GMU PT/FT
Priority Waitlist: Gtown PT
Waitlist: BC, WUSTL, Emory
Applied: GMU PT/FT, GW PT, Gtown PT, Emory, UGA, BC, Tulane, WUSTL

gatechgrad2004

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2005, 10:51:18 PM »
Tulane is a good school, why did you lower yourself to become a dawg??  just kidding, dude.   ;D