Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Russian Law (and Pre-Law) Student Discussion Board  (Read 31661 times)

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
Re: Russian Law (and Pre-Law) Student Discussion Board
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2006, 07:04:20 PM »
I'm Ukrainian American (lived here since i was 12), so i definately qualify for this group. Now, why are we not considered a minority? haha

privet!

where are you applying?
Depends on my lsat which i'm taking in sept. I have a 4.0 so if i get a good score i'm shooting for harvard, yale and etc...

which ug? what major?

good luck with the lsat!
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

StudentUVA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2006, 10:02:40 PM »
I'm Ukrainian American (lived here since i was 12), so i definately qualify for this group. Now, why are we not considered a minority? haha

privet!

where are you applying?
Depends on my lsat which i'm taking in sept. I have a 4.0 so if i get a good score i'm shooting for harvard, yale and etc...

which ug? what major?

good luck with the lsat!
University of Arizona, Econ/Phil majors. Thanks, i'm trying my best to prep for the lsat. So you go to Berkeley. Would love to get into that school as well.

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2006, 10:30:38 PM »

privet!

where are you applying?

which ug? what major?

good luck with the lsat!
University of Arizona, Econ/Phil majors. Thanks, i'm trying my best to prep for the lsat. So you go to Berkeley. Would love to get into that school as well.
sounds like you are well on your way. best of luck to ya!
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

sladkaya

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not born in Texas, but got here as soon as I could
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2006, 11:33:21 PM »
Privet!  I'm also a Ruskie :)

I've been on the boards for a year now, and to my shame, just now saw this topic when it popped up in my unread posts.  I'm in Texas, re-taking the LSAT in September and hoping to get into UT.  I'm older than most of you (29) and have a 2-yr old :0
Accepted: Michigan($$), Northwestern($$$), Vanderbilt($$$), UCLA($$), UT($$$), WUSTL($$$), UIUC($$$$), Notre Dame($$),

Attending: TEXAS !!!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=sladkaya

no name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 20, 2006, 11:48:01 AM »
Being an immigrant and having English as your second language should equal to like extra 10 points on the LSAT score, haha.

I wish.

as436

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2006, 03:26:08 PM »
im a Russian immigrant (10 years in the country), my status definitely did not help a bit
ann arbor or palo alto next year.. cu in school biatches

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=as436

http://cornell.facebook.com/profile.php?id=403139 - send me a message if you are going to UMich next year

StudentUVA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2006, 03:46:09 PM »
Being an immigrant and having English as your second language should equal to like extra 10 points on the LSAT score, haha.

I wish.
That would be great.

StudentUVA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2006, 03:58:22 PM »
im a Russian immigrant (10 years in the country), my status definitely did not help a bit
You have some interesting info on your lawschoolnumbers profile.

as436

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2006, 04:24:34 PM »
You have some interesting info on your lawschoolnumbers profile.

thanks - i was really bored one day, plus i drove myself nuts over this whole process
ann arbor or palo alto next year.. cu in school biatches

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=as436

http://cornell.facebook.com/profile.php?id=403139 - send me a message if you are going to UMich next year

no name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2006, 11:57:20 AM »

Wow, even though you got accepted to some amazing schools there, I'm kind of surprised by the rejections you got.  Surely hoped something like being only 10 years in the country would've pushed you over the line. 

If you don't mind me asking, because I'm kind of counting on this whole thing being a plus for me in the long run.  Did you have to overcome any other things other than language, culture?  Because I'm writing about being from middle of nowhere in Ukraine, being the first to go to college, overcoming poverty, etc.  So, maybe it'll be something.