Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Russian Law (and Pre-Law) Student Discussion Board  (Read 31014 times)

KSpW

• View Profile
Re: Russian Law (and Pre-Law) Student Discussion Board
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2006, 08:56:13 AM »

I have a friend and classmate who is doing this now.
[/quote]

Well, its nice to know that I'm not the only one who is forever in law school... :)

KSpW

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2006, 08:58:33 AM »
Does anyone among Русских goes to Temple or Villanova?

JDforever

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2006, 09:27:37 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I hold Russian JD from Yaroslavl State University (class of 2006), right after the school I moved to Israel where in 1999 got admitted to Israel Bar and have been actively practicing law since then.  Two years ago I moved to the States and now grew up to decide to go back to law school at age 31.  I found few places which would credit me one year and therefor I can make JD in two years. I got admitted into KU with awful LSAT for those of your (Bella ;-) who is freaking out and have internal voices ;-)
So it works.  Any questions?

dividebyzero

• Sr. Citizen
  • Motherf*ckin' Snakes On A Plane!
    • MSN Messenger - daedelus_rex@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2006, 09:30:07 PM »
I'm a fake ruskie.
I talk the talk, but I walk like a dirty Tartar  ;)
Seriously, I thought this was a discussion about Russian law as a practice area  :-\
"Remove the chain, cause' that's off it!"

Acceptances: Georgetown ("off da' chain!")
That is all...

KSpW

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2006, 02:08:16 AM »
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I got admitted into KU with awful LSAT for those of your (Bella ;-) who is freaking out and have internal voices ;-)
So it works.  Any questions?

What is KU?

JDforever

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2006, 02:17:22 AM »
1) KU is University of Kansas.
2) Why did I move from Promised Land to the Land of Opportunities?  No army or political problems at all.  I just realized that I have achieved maximum possible career goal that I set to my self (small general law practice: three partners, law clerk, one secretary, primarily individual clietele and unfortunately flat fees.)  Next step - ivy league international firm, large corporate clients, and hourly fees.

KSpW

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2006, 02:30:44 AM »
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I hold Russian JD from Yaroslavl State University (class of 2006), right after the school I moved to Israel where in 1999 got admitted to Israel Bar and have been actively practicing law since then. 

How did you graduate from law school in 2006 while you were in Israel? Заочно? Do you think your law degree will help you to find a job in the international field? Or it was a waste of time (5 years)? Sorry for so many questions, my situation is just really similar to yours. I got my law degree from Putin's alma mater.

JDforever

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2006, 02:51:32 AM »
You are right.  I could not graduate in 2006.  I graduated in June 1996.  What da hell, I wanna be younger ;-)
As for my Russian law degree, I am quite convinced that I will use it to my full advantage simply because my long-term plan includes relocation to Moscow after 2-3 years of practice in the US and I know that folks who hold both Russian and US JDs are rare to find.

KSpW

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2006, 02:59:10 AM »
You are right.  I could not graduate in 2006.  I graduated in June 1996.  What da hell, I wanna be younger ;-)
As for my Russian law degree, I am quite convinced that I will use it to my full advantage simply because my long-term plan includes relocation to Moscow after 2-3 years of practice in the US and I know that folks who hold both Russian and US JDs are rare to find.

Well, you look really young on the picture.  :) If you want to relocate to Moscow why didn't you consider an L.LM. It takes just one year or you want to relocate as a partner of Ernst & Young? :) Are you in Russia now or you just have problems with sleep? :) :) :)

JDforever

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2006, 03:16:47 AM »
I am in San Francisco, buddy.  Unfortunately LLM would not help me as it cannot beat the JD and I don't want to be limited to NY and CA in my la practice  I refer you to the first postings of Bella in this topic.