Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Letter of Recommendation help  (Read 778 times)

idlewild

• View Profile
Letter of Recommendation help
« on: May 24, 2005, 03:13:15 PM »
Hey,

I'm going to be applying to schools in the next cycle and I noticed that most Canadian schools need you to have your LOR's sent directly to them (i.e on the Dal and McGill websites it gives direction on how to send your LOR's). I'm just wondering if there is one central place I can have them sent to and them the schools can get them from there, like it is in the US with LSAC in the US. I plan on applying to US schools as well so does this mean I will have to get my recommenders to send off like 5 LORs to the schools I want to apply to in Canada and also one to LSAC in the US?

Thanks for the help,
Dave
GPA: 3.65  LSAT: 170

ragnar

• View Profile
Re: Letter of Recommendation help
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 08:44:31 PM »
Im not 100% sure, but i thought that lsdas(las school data assembly service) did exactly that for both u.s and canadian schools.

ragnar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 09:57:50 AM »
Im not 100% sure, but i thought that lsdas(las school data assembly service) did exactly that for both u.s and canadian schools.

Turns out that lsdas does not do Canada. sorry

loulielawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 10:03:53 AM »
If you are applying to Ontario schools then OUAC will distribute your recommendation letters but other than that I think you have to have individual letters sent out.  Be prepared to ask your references to send copies of the letters to each address.  It is nice to send them a package with addressed and stamped envelopes so they have less work to do (and will take less time mailing the letters out).