Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Case Admitted Students Day - The Dive Bar - Warehouse District - 10:30-11:00 p.m  (Read 745 times)

Stegs

• Motivation
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stegs007
    • View Profile
Roll Call!!!

Who is going to the Case admitted students day on Friday, June 10th??  Who is spending the night and then doing something Saturday? I booked a hotel room downtown for Friday night, so I can hang out with everyone.  Those who are planning on staying, let's figure out what to should do, where we should go, etc.  I think there is something going on at the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame that weekend, could be fun.  Or we could get a golf outing together for Saturday, and hit the bars on Friday night (I don't know the bar scene yet so I can't make a suggestion for a meeting place).  Of course, we could just play it by ear, but I'm a bit of a planner.  ;D  Getting excited for school to start!

steelcity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Case Admitted Students Day
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 12:20:35 PM »
Stegs,

I don't think I'm heading up for Admitted Students Day.  I was going to head up to look for a place that Friday but I went up last Friday instead.  I found a place in Coventry.  I don't want to take another day off of work.  I'm looking forward to heading up in August about a week before Orientation.  I'll see you in the fall.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 01:18:31 PM »
I'll be there!  I'll probably stay in Cleveland for the entire weekend, but I'm not positive.  It's the bf's birthday that weekend, so I'm trying to convince him to get all his buddies to me and my girls for a night out in Cleveland.  If this pans out, we'll probably hit the warehouse district where most of the nightlife is.  There is something for everyone there, clubs, bars, wine bars, etc.  If you are looking for a specific place to meet up with people, I could name a few if you tell me the type of establishment you are looking for. 

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 01:46:34 PM »
Places I've been! (Warehouse District) W 6th St

D'Vine-  It's a wine bar (but serves everything)  with a "cafe-like" patio on the sidewalk.  The inside is also fun.  You can dress up or go casual.  I went there last time I was in Cleveland and really liked it.

The Dive Bar- This is a bar at basement level.  It gets pretty packed with younger people and is the meeting place of the Young Buckeyes (OSU Alumni in Cleveland)  It has Buckeye Football stuff everywhere. I went here for a bachelorette party and had sooooo much fun.

Panini's- Very relaxed, casual serves food.  Mainly a beer, sports bar-type establishment.  They serve sandwiches with fries on them! There is also a Panini's in Coventry

The Velvet Dog- Club scene w/ dance music (not techno), 3-levels and a roof top bar.  Kinda fun if you're with a group, but there is the occasional creepy, too drunk (or drugged) guy you just want to run from  ;D  Also, has booths with curtains so that you can't see what the people are doing in them.  I would not suggest sitting there! :o

OK- So these are the places I've been in Cleveland.  D'vine and The Dive Bar are my favorites.  I hope this is helpful! 

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 02:02:18 PM »
Sounds like a good plan to me!  So, who's staying at what hotel???

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
If they would hurry up and admit me, I might be there.  I am just posting to tag this thread!

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
eloisa: they told me 10 days ago that a decision would be made in a week, but still nothing.  I am dyin' over here!

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
I just got a letter.  The class is full and they waitlisted me. 

???

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
Really, it's probably not.  I will be applying earlier next cycle which will probably lead to a dramatically different result. (I applied only because a friend showed me their website and I really liked it, but it was literally at the 11th hour)

Best of luck to all of you!

Please come back here after your 1L exams and give me the "inside scoop" on Case!