Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why would you be good at LR but bad at LG????  (Read 2380 times)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Why would you be good at LR but bad at LG????
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2004, 08:48:25 PM »
I like you.  You're funny! Make sure you're around and posting next Sunday!  :D

Skittles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2004, 08:57:33 PM »
I like you.  You're funny! Make sure you're around and posting next Sunday!  :D

lol ok. We should all plan to be on the forum that night.  If can be like a LSAT-nerd cyber party.  8)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2004, 09:01:54 PM »
definitely.  How many of us do you think will be up and posting at like 3 am, due to anxiety induced insomnia?

I'm actually wondering if I should take a valium from my roommate the night before. I think I'll try that some night this week and see if I feel yucky the next day.  After all, who needs to be awake at work?  :)

Skittles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2004, 09:13:40 PM »
I have narcolepsy, so I think I'll just not take my medication that day.  When my mom can't sleep she drinks milk heated with sugar or syrup, that somehow produces a chemical that makes you sleepy. 

M2

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2004, 09:41:48 PM »
definitely.  How many of us do you think will be up and posting at like 3 am, due to anxiety induced insomnia?

I'm actually wondering if I should take a valium from my roommate the night before. I think I'll try that some night this week and see if I feel yucky the next day.  After all, who needs to be awake at work?  :)

Stay away from valium...the half-life is about 20 hours which means you will def still be doped up in the morning.
I tried this the night before a practice test and completely bombed it the next day.

M2

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2004, 09:43:12 PM »
I decided im going to start going to sleep earlier and earlier so that my normal sleeptime will be like 10:30...so that way the night before the test if I cant sleep for 2 hours I can still get 8.5 hours of sleep.

I also plan on working out that day.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2004, 09:52:22 PM »
Yeah, I'm definitely planning on going to the gym for a yoga class.  The deep breathing alone will help.  I'm also seeing harry potter, so that should keep me occupied and not stressed for much of the day.

And after that advice, I think I'll stay away from the valium.  I'll have to figure out some other way to get to sleep.

M2

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2004, 10:04:58 PM »
Yeah, I'm definitely planning on going to the gym for a yoga class.  The deep breathing alone will help.  I'm also seeing harry potter, so that should keep me occupied and not stressed for much of the day.

And after that advice, I think I'll stay away from the valium.  I'll have to figure out some other way to get to sleep.

You could maybe try Xanax as it has a 4-6 hour halflife...but I feel crappy the next day after xanax.

Rachelb1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2004, 01:47:01 PM »
I vote for the spatial reasoning deficit.  I stink at games but am good at LR.  Visualizing diagrams in my head is impossible but since the LR involves verbal work, I'm ok with that.

Rachelb
qccepted Rutgers-EWR, Touro ($$)
pending, SUNY Buffalo, Hamline, CUNY
W/l      nowhere
denied   Cardozo

jgruber

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2004, 01:50:12 PM »
I vote for the spatial reasoning deficit.  I stink at games but am good at LR.  Visualizing diagrams in my head is impossible but since the LR involves verbal work, I'm ok with that.

Rachelb

I say they should add a section on old movie trivia.  Like:  Who were the Gish sisters?