Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cornell Reserve List  (Read 9562 times)

jblawguy

Re: Cornell Reserve List
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2005, 06:52:06 PM »
Supposedly last year people got off the wait list at Cornell. They have the reserve list this year to supposedly keep the class size down because they overenrolled last year. Yet they are already full.

And yet despite knowing they are full, they cannot tell us anything until next week?

I am sick of this.

jkang2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2005, 07:20:14 PM »
Yo, I can't believe what I am hearing.  They are not gonna answer for another week????  f-ing they should have rejected me so I could have studied for the LSATs and took the June test.  I had high hopes after hearing their explanation of how the reserve system works.  "You can be accepted, rejected, or waitisted" said cornell.  It seemed like they would accept some people from the reserve list.  But they are f-ing full.  Its disgusting. 

Anybody thinking about getting off the reserve with me~!  This is what I want you to do:
1)call or mail Cornell and say you are not interested.
2)get a receipt through email or mail saying that you are voluntarily off the list.
3)Email it to me at yougotscamed@aol.com
4)Then I will follow you. 

jkang2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2005, 07:28:39 PM »
ok some more bad news i guess

i just got off the phone with the people at cornell. at the earliest, you will have an update by the end of the second week in june. furthermore, the class is absolutely full, so when you do get that update, it will either be 1) a continued waitlist notification, or 2) a rejection letter. no possibility of acceptance at this time - and probably not until very late in the game, i.e. august

thank you for stringing us along cornell, thank you

Are u f-ing serious?  What did they exactly say?  Did they say, "we are full." or did they say, "we are full, so when you do get that update you will not be accepted?"

jkang2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2005, 05:54:31 PM »
i tell you exactly how my conversation went:

"hello, my name is blah blah and i'm on the reserve list at cornell "

fast forward through some more irrelevant blah blah

"Yes, our class is totally full at this point"

me, jumping to conclusions: "so this means that you will only be sending out rejection / wait list notifications to those on reserve?"

admnin person "yes, we will only be sending out wait list notifications and rejection letters. You will receive your update no earlier than the end of next week."

end of conversation

i can only imagine that those of us who make it to wait list after the next round of cuts will represent a small wait list pool - but that is only speculation

who knows what is going on here

thanks..

You know..thats crazy.
They won't accept anymore huh?

jblawguy

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2005, 01:02:36 PM »
Got put on the wait list today via a letter in regular mail. They said that it was a "select group" and that a spot could open up as late as August, etc.  Standard wait list stuff....

uvablue

• Stats: GPA - 3.5 (UVA), LSAT - 168
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2005, 01:15:15 PM »
Got put on the wait list today via a letter in regular mail. They said that it was a "select group" and that a spot could open up as late as August, etc.  Standard wait list stuff....

Numbers?  Did you send them a letter of interest?  Now I'm anxious to leave work and check my mail.
ATTENDING: Vanderbilt!! (10K Scholarship)
Accepted: Emory (10K Scholarship)
Waitlist: UVA
Formerly Reserved, but now Waitlisted: Cornell
Denied: Gtown, NYU, Columbia, UMich

jkang2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2005, 02:32:11 PM »
I am at work and I need to go check the mail..By the way, for those of you who got the mail, where do you live??

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2005, 11:03:47 PM »
I received a letter from Cornell that put me on the wait list. I could only get rough details since it was sent to my parents house, but I'll find out tomorrow the exact wording. More waiting...yes!!

idontknow

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2005, 12:08:01 AM »
Since it seems that the only options are waitlist or rejection, that's about the best any of us can hope for right now.

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2005, 01:57:08 PM »
Yeah, you are right.  It could have been worse!

Just talked to the rents and got the details.  It pretty much sounded the same as what jclawperson described, so perhaps Cornell doesn't play the Gtown version game.

Included a response card to stay on the wait list and I'll be sending it in. Hopefully there is a low response rate...