Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ask a black dude!  (Read 16879 times)

jdw112

Re: ask a black dude!
« Reply #220 on: June 20, 2005, 08:00:16 AM »
He is OK. Omar is the man. Do you remember when Omar and Brother Mouzone met in the alley? I love that scene.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 20, 2005, 09:44:04 AM »
Lol. RBG, you're an idiot!!!!

Yup, in my pink tee
Look to the left -- Look to the right

hilljack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 21, 2005, 12:35:22 AM »
Why was there not the same celebration when Jacko got off as when OJ did?  I mean, to me, OJ is guilty as sure as the sun rises, but Jacko, there was a man who very well could have been inocent.  Was OJ just a bigger deal?

elegantpearl01

« Reply #223 on: June 21, 2005, 04:10:12 AM »
Why was there not the same celebration when Jacko got off as when OJ did?  I mean, to me, OJ is guilty as sure as the sun rises, but Jacko, there was a man who very well could have been inocent.  Was OJ just a bigger deal?

A lot of folks were celebrating Johnnie Cochran's win moreso than OJ's acquital. Additionally, OJ's trial involved an element of racism, i.e., the racism of the LAPD. Given that his trial was not too far removed from the Rodney King beating, the sentiment was different. Very few folks believe that MJ's trial was racially motivated...probably because he's seen as a weirdo.

hilljack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 21, 2005, 02:48:34 PM »
About what percentage of black people think OJ was guilty?  I think something like 90-95% of whites think he was.

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 21, 2005, 02:53:47 PM »
About what percentage of black people think OJ was guilty?  I think something like 90-95% of whites think he was.

I think it is/was somewhere in the neighborhood of 50% or so..
Back in the saddle again.

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 21, 2005, 03:04:29 PM »

Ofcourse this is mere speculation, but I tend to think that the percentage of blacks who think he is guilty is a lot closer to the percentage of whites than we might think.  Wanting him to get off, and believing he is innocent is too different things.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 21, 2005, 03:13:00 PM »

Ofcourse this is mere speculation, but I tend to think that the percentage of blacks who think he is guilty is a lot closer to the percentage of whites than we might think.  Wanting him to get off, and believing he is innocent is too different things.

I agree.  But at least from what I remember from the polls, they had blacks who thought he was innocent was somewhere near 50%-60%.  That does not mean they thought he was innocent, but more along what you are saying, they just wanted him to get off.
Back in the saddle again.

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 21, 2005, 03:38:09 PM »

I agree.  But at least from what I remember from the polls, they had blacks who thought he was innocent was somewhere near 50%-60%.  That does not mean they thought he was innocent, but more along what you are saying, they just wanted him to get off.

Lol, then the question becomes, "why the hell did blacks wanted him to get off?" haha
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 21, 2005, 03:43:54 PM »

Lol, then the question becomes, "why the hell did blacks wanted him to get off?" haha

lmao I was just about to post that