Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Sunday, June 13th; Study or Rest?  (Read 1160 times)

Dilettante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Sunday, June 13th; Study or Rest?
« on: June 05, 2004, 12:22:53 AM »
So, all of you who are taking the test on the 14th, do you plan to take Sunday off, as is so often recommended?

Personally, I plan to take a test everyday until the real test, except Sunday.  But the idea of taking a whole day off, right before the test . . . I don't know, it somehow seems irresponsible.

What will probably happen is I won't decide till my prep test on Saturday.  If I do really well, I'll be relaxed, and be able to take Sunday off so my mind will be rested.  But if I score on the low end, there's no way I'll be able to spend the last day before the test playing frisbee or biking or anything fun, I'll have visions of Golden Gate University keeping me from enjoying anything.

So do you think it really is a good idea to rest up the day before?

jgruber

Re: Sunday, June 13th; Study or Rest?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 12:28:33 AM »
I took the day off before I took the LSAT.  I got a 155.  Hmmmmmmm

TimZ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2004, 12:45:50 AM »
I'm going to take the Friday before off work and do a full preptest. Then I'll take Saturday and Sunday off going to the beach.

Silversoma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Me at Radiohead- Thunderbird Stadium, August/03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2004, 01:00:16 AM »
I've always taken a rest during the 24-hour period before a major test throughout all my schooling, and I don't think I will abandon that strategy now.  I always think that if I'm not ready by then, then nothing that I do in that time period will make me ready, so why not sit back and enjoy the ride?   ;D

That's just me, though...
Practice LSATs so far: 156 155 157 155 157 161 162 161 155 155 160 164 166 161 170 166 168 160 163 162 172

LSAT's finished... I don't have to think about law school for a year now.
********* GO Team Canada GO!!!!! ***********

nathanielmark

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2004, 10:16:11 AM »
no question about it, rest.  read, take it easy, get a little (not too much) excercise.  dont study under any circumstances.

NYBound05

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2004, 12:02:42 PM »

there's no way I'll be able to spend the last day before the test playing frisbee or biking or anything fun, I'll have visions of Golden Gate University keeping me from enjoying anything.

Haha.  Funny you said that.  That's the exact motivation and school I think of that keeps me focused on studying like crazy too.

I would definetly take the day before off.  Like someone already mentioned, if you don't know it by then, then it's kinda too late.  You wanna take the lsat the next day fresh and clear headed, not exhausted from an all-night studying session the night before.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2004, 12:03:29 PM »
Do anything other than study on Sunday.  Relax, go see Harry Potter, ANYTHING.  Taking a test the day before will do absolutely nothing.  I've heard from everyone and anyone that's taken this test that it's a complete waste to do anything the day before.  By that time, it's extremely unlikely that you'll learn anything new, and whatever skills you use for the lsat, like for games, well, if you don't know them by the day before the test, you probably won't know them anyway.  You'll probably feel much better and perform better after taking a day off.  Your mind will be fresh, you'll be more relaxed, and, if studying has become a complusion for you now like it has for me, after taking a day or two off, you may actually be excited and geared up to take it.

That's what I'm hoping anyway!  I'm taking two tests Thursday, and a full, 5 section test with writing sample on Friday afternoon, and then Saturday and Sunday will be FREE!

Skittles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2004, 01:48:40 PM »
Do anything other than study on Sunday.  Relax, go see Harry Potter, ANYTHING. 

I saw Harry Potter yesterday.  It was AWESOME!  I'm such a Harry Potter fanatic. 

M2

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2004, 02:45:14 PM »
Im thinking about taking half of next week off...or maybe tonight and tomorrow...

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2004, 03:23:49 PM »
After your game spaz, I'd skip doing real sections.  Or maybe work on LR, or something other than games.  Or practice in the LG bible basic diagramming, or something.  Reaffirm basics you know to rebuild confidence.  But I'd at least take tonight off.  You've stressed out enough for one day!