Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: News from Wisconsin via email  (Read 782 times)

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
News from Wisconsin via email
« on: May 23, 2005, 02:55:18 PM »
I just received the following email from Wisconsin:

We are writing to thank you for your application to the University of Wisconsin Law School and to update you on your status.

In previous correspondences we stated that applicants on the hold list would either be admitted or placed on the wait list.  At this time, we have decided to move all applicants who remain on the hold list to our wait list.  As you may know, we received nearly 3200 applications for the 270 seats available in the Fall 2005 incoming class.  As I have shared with some of you already, we currently have over 300 people who have accepted our offer of admission, and have communicated to us their intent to enroll. 

While we are certainly gratified by the response we have received, it means that we are in the unenviable position of asking a very small group of highly credentialed applicants to continue to wait for a possible opening in the entering first year class.   We are unable to predict how many seats in the entering first year class will open up.  There might be a very slight possibility of available seats, or we might have no vacancies at all to be filled from the wait list.  If at any point it becomes clear that you are no longer interested in remaining on the wait list, please let us know.  We appreciate your patience during this process.

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: News from Wisconsin via email
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 04:48:40 PM »
You already withdrew from OSU waitlist, right?  So where ya gonna go in the fall?
Fed gov't atty

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 04:56:41 PM »
nowhere. 

lawapplicant8

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 05:57:27 PM »
what would you make of not getting the aforementioned e-mail re: the held applicants?  an outright rejection?  i would have figured all held applicants would have gotten this e-mail; did anyone else not receive this e-mail?
thanks.

fat_daddy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 07:05:02 PM »
I did not receive this email either. I am also on hold at Wiconsin. I have pretty much decided to go elsewhere though.
Attending: University of the Pacific-McGeorge

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 04:31:00 PM »
maybe you got in?

Perversely

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 08:12:29 PM »
I just received the following email from Wisconsin:

We are writing to thank you for your application to the University of Wisconsin Law School and to update you on your status.

In previous correspondences we stated that applicants on the hold list would either be admitted or placed on the wait list.  At this time, we have decided to move all applicants who remain on the hold list to our wait list.  As you may know, we received nearly 3200 applications for the 270 seats available in the Fall 2005 incoming class.  As I have shared with some of you already, we currently have over 300 people who have accepted our offer of admission, and have communicated to us their intent to enroll. 

While we are certainly gratified by the response we have received, it means that we are in the unenviable position of asking a very small group of highly credentialed applicants to continue to wait for a possible opening in the entering first year class.   We are unable to predict how many seats in the entering first year class will open up.  There might be a very slight possibility of available seats, or we might have no vacancies at all to be filled from the wait list.  If at any point it becomes clear that you are no longer interested in remaining on the wait list, please let us know.  We appreciate your patience during this process.

well, hippie, this isn't bad news.  hope you get in--as you can see, some people didn't get the email  :'(

i think a lot of schools are probably in the same boat right now...it's called the let's see how many people have the credit, the means, or the true intentions on attending waiting game.  waiting, hoping, one day to hear 'ding, ding, ding, ding, come on in hippie' is a little stressful i know, but something tells me you're going to be fine.

may all the planets align just right to open the wisconsin gates for ya.

cheers!

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 11:18:03 PM »
Did anyone on the regular waitlist get a similar e-mail?

I haven't recieved anything, so I'm thinking my honorary rejection is going to become a straight-out rejection in the mail soon :(
Fed gov't atty