Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USD full time waitlist  (Read 544 times)

dave303

• Sr. Citizen
  • La plus belle pour aller danser
    • View Profile
USD full time waitlist
« on: May 23, 2005, 12:24:22 PM »
A few people were wondering about getting off the USD PT to FT waitlist. I originally applied to the day program with the option of part time if I was not accepted. I got my PT acceptance at the beginning of may. Surprisingly received my acceptance off the waitlist for full time at the end of last week. Good luck to everyone else waiting.

colforbin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: USD full time waitlist
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 01:48:55 PM »
Congrats! Hopefully, I get your PT spot.  Were you notified by snailmail, email, phone...  I guess us PT hopefuls will have a bit of a lag time as people move out to FT. 

pooksupreme

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 11:43:31 PM »
Have you sent in your second deposit?  If so when?  Did you take any follow-up action after being put on the FT waitlist e.g. a letter of continued interest?

dave303

• Sr. Citizen
  • La plus belle pour aller danser
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 12:31:21 AM »
It all happened very quick so I did not send in anything additional. I immediatly sent my second deposit confirming that I will take a spot in the day division. I was notified snail mail with a very short letter that simply said I was accepted to full time. I guess they assumed that I would be taking the spot since I asked for the FT waitlist with my initial deposit.

colforbin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 07:40:47 AM »
That's great. Thanks for the info.  I just faxed a second letter to the Dean. This one just reiterated "IF a spot opens up, I'm all yours".

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 09:40:39 PM »
Congrats for getting off the waitlist!

Random question:  has anyone NOT heard from USD yet?  I haven't, and I'm beginning to think they lost my application.  I'm wondering how seriously I'd be taken if I wrote to them on 1 June, demanding my money back for my application fee.  This wait is getting sort of ridiculous, considering I applied in late October.
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

pooksupreme

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 11:53:57 PM »
If you look at LSN, there are still a lot of people with 'pending' applications.  I doubt if you would be able to get a refund from USD but you could call admissions with your concerns and ask for an approximate date for your decision.  Second deposits are due June 1st.  Also they don't withdrawal applications until two to three weeks past the  deposit due date to create a time buffer.  If it makes you feel any better I am still waiting on a decision from Loyola, although I went to decision on their status checker May 20th.  This is also why many of us on either the FT or PT waitlists may not hear if we are accepted until a few days before school starts.

colforbin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 12:01:48 AM »
I wouldn't put too much weight on the LSN "Pending" applications. It's very possible that some of those people received rejections and it was just to painful to update that. Hell, I know if mine would have been a rejection I would have had a hard time reliving it and updating the board. Just my two cents.