Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: People who went to "low-ranked" and are at the top of their game  (Read 1075 times)

goingtomiami

• View Profile
I am always reading executive bio's and thought I might as well share the info:

Mr. Richard D. Parsons received his undergraduate education at the University of Hawaii and his legal training at Union University's Albany Law School - Head of Time Warner.

Alan Braverman, a native of Boston, received a B.A. degree from Brandeis University in 1969 and subsequently worked for two years as a Vista volunteer in Gary, Indiana. In 1975, he received a J.D. degree summa cum laude from Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, where he was also editor-in-chief of the Law Review - General Counsel Walt Disney Co.

Mr. Nick Calio is a graduate of Ohio Wesleyan University and Case Western Reserve University School of Law - SVP Government Affairs Citigroup

There are a ton of others - I will continue posting as I read them.

jbrooks1

• Sr. Citizen
  • Your Mom goes to college!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - brooksjb1
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - brooksjb1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: People who went to "low-ranked" and are at the top of their game
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 12:30:13 PM »
I think this is a good post. I don't think people in the real world care 1/10th about school rank as we LSD'ers and other aspiring law school students. And anyone who thinks going to a Top school means they are  going to be able to coast and have any door opened for them regardless of self effort, is going to be in for a rude awakening. It, like most real world endevours, is going to be all about making opportunities for ones-self and proving what you can offer.

I'm not sure I would call Case-Western a "low-ranked" school, but I know that's not the point.
Knowin' nothing in life, But to be legit, Don't quote me boy, I ain't said *&^%.

goingtomiami

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 09:52:50 PM »
you are right in that Case is not a bad school - but many would try to convince you (and me) that if you are not in T3/T10/T14 (its weird how people redefine the "top" schools for their own purpose) or so on, that you would'nt have a chance at a good career.

Anyways here are three more:

Barry Meyer holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Rochester and a J.D. from Case Western Reserve University School of Law – CEO Warner Bros. Entertainment

Mr. Edward Lineen is a graduate of Fordham College and Fordham Law School – General Counsel IBM.

John Chidsey holds a master's of business administration degree in finance and accounting and a Juris Doctorate from Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, as well as a bachelor's administration degree from Davidson College, Davidson, North Carolina – President Burger King

phxangel

• reporter by day, vixen by night, law student '05
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dmbchiq17
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 08:27:26 PM »
I love this post, just fyi.

I'm working as a reporter for a major metro daily, and recently contacted Gannett Media Corp's former in=house counsel. I believe he went to Florida State.

And he's kicking major a*s ;)
They want me: Vanderbilt, IU($$), IU-Indy($$), Pitt($$$$), Baylor(full ride), Emory, GW
They're thinking about it: NW (shortened summer WL)
Ding it! Michigan, GULC

stuvxyz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 03:25:07 PM »
Will you make out with me?
I love this post, just fyi.

I'm working as a reporter for a major metro daily, and recently contacted Gannett Media Corp's former in=house counsel. I believe he went to Florida State.

And he's kicking major a*s ;)

homeboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 03:34:24 PM »
Random and off-topic (not to hijack the thread, or anything):

I sat next to phxangel during the LSAT.  Funny.

stuvxyz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 03:57:45 PM »
Was she hot?

Random and off-topic (not to hijack the thread, or anything):

I sat next to phxangel during the LSAT.  Funny.