Okay here's the basic problem. I haven't heard back from my final two schools yet (why not state them--Case and FSU) but I am below median in both LSAT and GPA so I'm not confident. I need to decide if I want to reapply to Stetson (local) for the spring--with my numbers and a LOR I can probably get in fine OR wait until next October, retake the LSAT, and try again at FSU.
My take: FSU is 20K a year cheaper, a better school, and I want to get out of the area. I'd really like to go there and it distresses me that they seem to be taking a lot of people with an LSAT of 156+ and not too many below that (mine: 154). That's beside the point though. Money is a factor, and of course placement after is a factor.
The only thing that concerns me is waiting another year to start and there's no guarantee that I'll be taken the next round. I'm in my mid-late 20s, I am not in the legal field (I'm in the IT field--I'm good at it, and I hate it) so I'm not gaining experience, and I'm anxious to start my legal career. I should mention that I have a Criminal Justice + International Studies degree, so I am not an "engineer" as most people would think of one--though it's in my title.
So I'm leaning towards waiting a year. I'm probably writing this just to hear you guys tell me that this is what I should do... But I'm open to all comments--you can even bash me if you want!