Law School Discussion

Is cancelling that big of a deal?

Is cancelling that big of a deal?
« on: May 20, 2005, 01:33:53 AM »
im currently planning on taking the June test with a higher than 50/50 chance that I'll cnacel the score at the end. since its fine to take it in october, ill cancel and take another four months to study if i dont feel good about the test or found it a little more difficult than some of the practice ones ive ben working with - anything, really - maybe that rumor about the Rc is true - whatever. anyway, from what ive heard a cencellation is no big deal. any reason to think otherwise? i know schools see it, but do they care?

bluetooth

Re: Is cancelling that big of a deal?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 03:51:18 AM »
Maybe you should wait until Oct. Skip this June test.

SanchoPanzo

• My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 05:14:55 AM »
Do they care? Some may.

Is it a big deal? I don't think so.

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 06:15:06 AM »
I don't think anyone really notices, much less cares. There could be a million legitimate reasons for why one would cancel their scores.

On the other hand, IMO, if you feel like there's a 50/50 chance you'll cancel, you probably will. So don't waste your time or stress on it. Take it in October and be confident about it.

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 06:43:35 AM »
right and it is only $30 to change the test date...not sure but i think you have to pay the $115 all over again...but that might not be an issue for you  :D  i was thinking the same as you (50/50) and I think I'm going to move to October....this is too important. 

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 07:08:23 AM »
Do they care? Some may.

Is it a big deal? I don't think so.

I think cancelling once is nothing to worry about.  Although I think cancelling 3-4 times may be.

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 08:34:02 AM »
Since you can only take the LSAT 3 times in a 2 year period, does a cancelled test count as one of them?

VANOS

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 10:39:30 AM »
I'm probably 75% to cancel this test... gonna sit through it anyway... for me the only section that gives me trouble is games so if this happens to be an easy games section, or one that clicks, ill keep the score

What RC rumor???

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2005, 11:09:25 AM »
I'm probably 75% to cancel this test... gonna sit through it anyway... for me the only section that gives me trouble is games so if this happens to be an easy games section, or one that clicks, ill keep the score

Glad you finally came to a decision. Hope we were some help. I'll only reiterate what I said before: you can't have a very educated assessment of your performance until you get your scores. Maybe some of the games will seem easy because you miss a key part of the hypo or something. I say if you know you're unprepared, don't put yourself through it.

But good luck anyway!  :)

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2005, 11:19:59 AM »
Cancelling once is not a big deal.  Cancelling more than that may indicate flakiness.