Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Texas Waitlist  (Read 4011 times)

lawyer2b

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: University of Texas Waitlist
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2004, 12:08:31 PM »
I haven't heard anything as yet from UT.  Hopefully they will be making some decisions in the next couple of weeks.  One individual on the xoxohth board who was on the WL with supernatural numbers was offered admission a week or so ago.  As LSN seems to be down, I'll post developments here.

Aurelius

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2004, 12:24:01 PM »
Wow. I just checked out that guy's info on xoxohth, and I'm definitely not in his league either. At least he turned them down!

Good luck and thanks for the info. Let us know if you hear anything else.

lawyer2b

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2004, 05:14:19 PM »
Update:  I received another letter today that is substantially the same as the June letter.  The only difference in the body of the letter is that planned Committee review has changed from "the first week of July" to "the first week of August".  I'm not optimistic, but I appreciate them keeping in touch.  Seeing as how the Letters of Intent to Enroll were due during in late June, and tuition is due in mid-late August, what new information do they expect to have between now and the first week of August?  Perhaps responses to offers made to others on the WL?

Has anyone else received this letter?  Has anyone been accepted from the WL?

dta

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2004, 05:38:43 PM »
Hi all. UT is my first pick for Fall 2005. I'm a texas resident and the above poster was correct - texas residents would do just about ANYTHING to get in (we all LOVE texas!).

Anyway, I was hoping that all of you who were waitlisted this year could post your stats to help me, and others like me, guage our chances. Specifically:

ugpa
undergrad institution
undergrad major
lsat
texas residency?
significant work experience?
urm?

Thank you very much!

Aurelius

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2004, 05:58:09 PM »
My stuff's okay: 3.71/162, English and PoliSci at Rice, in-state. I was also student body president and had a recommendation from the Rice president, but you can see how much good that's done me.

Georgetown rejected me flat-out, and I'm on the Columbia reserve list. Suffice it to say, UT's my only real hope at this point, so I'm hoping they'll come through.

But, of course, I'm not holding my breath.

Aurelius

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2004, 02:23:11 PM »
Just thought I'd add that I also got the "first week of August" letter yesterday, so we're in the same boat.

Hopefully it's not sinking too quickly.

tbonesofa

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2004, 06:47:20 PM »
my friend got off the waitlist at ut this week so there is hope.  good look yall

LawNOrder

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2004, 01:39:34 AM »
I am stuck on the waiting list as well.  I was wondering what was your friend's numbers?  It would help to know...although my hopes are dwindling  :(

dta

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2004, 11:46:58 AM »
Hey LawNOrder. What are your stats? I'm applying for '05. Your info would be helpful. thanks.

LawNOrder

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2004, 12:53:07 PM »
I got a 163 on the LSAT and I have a 3.72 gpa.

I have a masters in accounting and a couple of years work experience.

I am debtating retaking the LSAT if I don't get in this year...Hopefully there will be a miracle and I can start this year.  I am not sure if that is going to happen though...