Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Who's Colorado bound?  (Read 900 times)

kd

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Who's Colorado bound?
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2005, 03:44:07 AM »
Where exactly is "the hill"?  I have this fear of ending up in the middle of a bunch of undergrads partying all the time while I have to study too much and just keep wishing I was younger!
3.8/165

april_uta

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2005, 10:24:14 AM »
Hey guys!!  I'm applying to Colorado this fall (I have 3.67 UGPA, 165 LSAT)... do you think I would like it (if I got accepted)??  I've been to Colorado many times, my family actually owns a house in Snowmass (I'm from Texas)... but I've never been to Boulder.  Is it nice?  Also, I'm applying to Utah as well... how does it compare?

Sorry for so many questions...

RockyMtnHighMama

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2005, 10:55:40 AM »
The "Hill" is just up the street a wee bit from the Law School. LS is on campus itself, but at the southern end. However, there are UG dorms surrounding the LS.

If you're starting in '06, theoretically you'll be in the new building, which should be very nice. It is being built immediately outside the old building... which is going to be taken over by some undergrad department.

To that person coming from Utah... you'll find Boulder is a lot like Provo (and A LOT NOT like Provo), only with the mountains on the other side, and beer flowing in the river (not really, but almost), and prettier.

jigsaw_earth

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2005, 02:46:29 PM »
I would definitely stay away from living on The Hill if you're coming to CU for LS.  Many undergrads and lots of partying/noise -- I lived there when I first moved to Boulder after college graduation.  It was fun for a bit, but I got tired of it quickly.  It's not exactly be conducive to studying

I know lots of LS students that live a bit south of the school on or just off of Table Mesa.  That might be a good place to start looking