Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Brooklyn vs. Villanova -- help!  (Read 899 times)

ccorsi

Re: Brooklyn vs. Villanova -- help!
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2005, 10:37:48 AM »
One thing I want to mention is that I think it is despicable that schools dangle carrots and want commitments before the accept you.  It smacks of yield protection and I think it is *&^%*y.

Temple sent me an email that could have been interpreted as gauging my interest and wanted to know essentially, "Why Temple?"

I sent them a nice email back, but I DID NOT give them the if you accept me I'll attend statement they were looking for.  I refused to do it on principle.

I did get in though despite giving them a guarantee so that made me think more of them.

C2

F650GS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2005, 05:09:47 PM »
PT sucks...goto nova if you like the school

dividedsky

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT, 2.73 UGPA
    • View Profile
    • all bisco all the time
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2005, 04:59:14 PM »
Go to Brooklyn.  You would have your own Beastie Boy theme song for life.

No one sings about the Mainline.

C2

It's hard to argue with this line of reasoning.

yeah thats the best argument i see anyway  ;)
i've decided to stick with nova (have a pretty good plan in order, and i love philly anyway)
thanks everyone for your input!

imtheantelope

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2005, 05:25:42 PM »
hey divided, good choice... congrats and good luck... by the way, did you catch any trey shows this last tour?  I was at both hammersteins..

for those waiting on brooklyn, what is everybodys interpretation of Brooklyns offers so far this cycle?  Do you think they have a lot of room, more room than in the past, less, etc?  I was just changed from deferred to waitlisted, but I see from lsn that people have been accepted to the PT position with lower numbers than I have, so it is good that they are really looking at the applciation package at this stage... any thoughts on the bls process and my chances particuarly are greatly appreciated..
Accepted: Suffolk, Albany$, New York Law$, Hofstra$, Touro$
Waitlisted:  Brooklyn, Northeastern, Villanova, American
Denied: Fordham, Temple
ATTENDING: ST JOHNS

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=imtheantelope

ccorsi

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2005, 05:59:05 PM »
Good luck.  I'll probably see you around in Philly as I am 95% heading to Temple.

However, "No sleep in Ardmore!", doesn't quite have the same ring.

C2

dividedsky

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT, 2.73 UGPA
    • View Profile
    • all bisco all the time
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2005, 08:40:18 PM »
caught trey in nola for the superjam and the jazzfest day show, both we're rockin.. i'll be catching the summer tour once i'm back up in PA (they're even playing near my hometown in scranton, which i hope to make it up for)

and regarding my impressions on brooklyn, i'm pretty confused.  i got this call, and two of my friends (who are both more qualified than me, grades/lsat/etc) have heard nothing 'since the day all three of us received our deferral letters back in march.  (Same day)   all in all, i think brooklyn is very shady in general with this admissions cycle and it has certainly helped me to feel better about my decision.

where do you think you will be headed?

PS I think no sleep till manayunk is a little better than no sleep till ardmore

hey divided, good choice... congrats and good luck... by the way, did you catch any trey shows this last tour?  I was at both hammersteins..

for those waiting on brooklyn, what is everybodys interpretation of Brooklyns offers so far this cycle?  Do you think they have a lot of room, more room than in the past, less, etc?  I was just changed from deferred to waitlisted, but I see from lsn that people have been accepted to the PT position with lower numbers than I have, so it is good that they are really looking at the applciation package at this stage... any thoughts on the bls process and my chances particuarly are greatly appreciated..