Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: confused with some questions please help me out  (Read 711 times)

LAWKAT

• View Profile
    • Email
confused with some questions please help me out
« on: May 19, 2005, 04:04:40 PM »
I just recieved my award letter, I was hoping for some kind of grants but got none. This is the first time I will have to take out a loan so I am not sure how it works and what everything means. What is the difference between a sub and unsub loan??? And who should i go through for my loans? how much will my interest be? when will i have to start paying back the loan? Please help with any advice.

risingMC

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: confused with some questions please help me out
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 04:14:46 PM »
All of this info is posted throughout the financial aid board, as well as through the general law board. I suggest you do a quick search, since the answer to any one of these questions is likely a thread in itself.

_____

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 04:28:53 PM »
I just recieved my award letter, I was hoping for some kind of grants but got none. This is the first time I will have to take out a loan so I am not sure how it works and what everything means. What is the difference between a sub and unsub loan??? And who should i go through for my loans? how much will my interest be? when will i have to start paying back the loan? Please help with any advice.

Start here then keep searching the financial aid board...

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,31885.msg484060.html#msg484060

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 05:20:56 PM »
Try your school's office of financial aid.  Most have FAQs on line.  Also, if you call or email them, most schools are pretty helpful with steering you through the process.  They're the surest bet, as there's no guarantee any of us know what we're talking about  ;) and some school may have different recommended lenders or specific procedures or whatever.