Law School Discussion

I forgot what white people look like

_BP_

• Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
Re: I forgot what white people look like
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2005, 06:59:39 PM »
We all look exactly like me... feast your eyes!

What's the deal Twarga?  I remember you for a while back.  Still in the army right?

TruOne

• I'm still standing. . .I'm still here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2005, 08:52:25 PM »
Abe I live on the SF california Peninsula.

It gets a bit discouraging because I rent from a relative, I could not afford to buy in my own lower-middle class neighborhood. I'm on the city's below market rate housing list, so hopefully I can afford to get a condo for the "discount" rate of, say $350k (when I get out of school).

:o   Are you fvckin' serious?  350k is cheap?????  In ATL you could get a house, a condo and still have enough left over for a SS Impala sittin' on double-duece choppas, with enough change to go to Mrs. Winners.

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2005, 09:01:16 PM »
There is a show on HGTV that compares what the same $$ will buy in different cities. I'm always surprised what people can buy for the same $$ elsewhere.
Anyway, yeah this used to be the neighborhood where the "poor" folks live, and now you can't live here unless you're kind of rich  :(

PresClay_00

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2005, 05:18:16 AM »
I'm just glad someone else is having a similar problem.  After living in a fraternity for three years and then moving back to my small town, i really haven't been around AAs in a good while.  The one lady at work keeps to herself, so i'm not really sure it'll change until i get to school.

Lawprofessor

• Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2005, 09:21:38 AM »
I'm a white guy who lives with his parents in an all-black Chicago suburb and I think all white areas are weird.  I guess the familiar is confortable and the unfamiliar is equally "strange feeling."

But that's the odd part, before I came to College I grew up around mostly white folx in Columbus and Toledo Ohio. Plus I sued to live in Colorado so you KNOW there wasn't no black folx out there either.

You had to sue to live in Colorado?  I didnt know they could close the borders to black folk.  No wonder Kobe settled his case.