Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Who's on Harvard's WL?  (Read 2321 times)

whiteal6

• View Profile
    • Email
Who's on Harvard's WL?
« on: June 04, 2004, 02:02:21 PM »
Anyone know anything? This could be a long summer.

Ginatio

Re: Who's on Harvard's WL?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 02:06:25 PM »
I'm on Harvard's WL as well as Stanford's and Columbia's.

If LSN data is any indication, the majority of people who were cross-accepted into Harvard/Stanford/Columbia have chosen to go to Harvard.

I think Harvard is going to have a huge class this year, while Stanford and Columbia dig into the waiting list.

As far as getting off the Harvard WL, I doubt they'll take more than 1-5 people off it.

whiteal6

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 02:08:57 PM »
I was hoping that many people would be accepted to both Harvard and Yale, and most would choose Yale.  Wouldn't that be nice? :D

Ginatio

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2004, 02:20:27 PM »
To tell you the truth, I'm not so sure I would go to Harvard or Yale even if they let me in. They both seem so bleak and dismal, the weather sucks, and the people appear to take themselves way too seriously.

Now Stanford... that's where it's at. It's a damn shame they go under capacity and take only ~170 a year.

whiteal6

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2004, 02:26:37 PM »
You have a very good point there.  If only I had applied to Stanford.  I don't know why I didn't.  I guess I just didn't want to spend the money for one more application. I probably wouldn't have gotten in there either though, so it's no big loss. 

jbshane

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2004, 02:26:50 PM »
ginatio, you're currently at drexel and are (most likely) going to penn law, and you're concerned about the weather in cambridge or new haven?  philly gets slammed during the winter, too, correct?  boston has bad winters, yes, but it is beautiful here in the wintertime.  there is no better city in the world in which to experience winter.

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2004, 06:38:34 PM »
ginatio, you're currently at drexel and are (most likely) going to penn law, and you're concerned about the weather in cambridge or new haven?  philly gets slammed during the winter, too, correct?  boston has bad winters, yes, but it is beautiful here in the wintertime.  there is no better city in the world in which to experience winter.

Minneapolis, my friend.

Minneapolis  :(

Ginatio

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2004, 06:39:42 PM »
yes. you are correct. I would pick Stanford over Penn as well. :)

Philly is strange though, some years we get slammed, some years (like this past one) we get close to nothing at all.

But I imagine the people here a little more mellow than the people at Harvard/Yale

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 07:05:28 PM »
yes. you are correct. I would pick Stanford over Penn as well. :)

Philly is strange though, some years we get slammed, some years (like this past one) we get close to nothing at all.

But I imagine the people here a little more mellow than the people at Harvard/Yale

if i can choose between penn and stanford, i'd choose penn.

but that's just me..... :P

PennQuaker

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSN:pennquaker
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Lubester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2004, 07:18:02 PM »
My friend who just graduated from Penn was accepted to Columbia Law School off of their wait list this past week...for what it's worth...
Depositing: Stanford
Waitlisting: Yale, Harvard