Law School Discussion

what is black culture?

elegantpearl01

Re: what is black culture?
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2005, 11:15:30 AM »
Go Black, I love the picture of the brothers at the Olympics...I may buy that shirt from house of nubian...

As for Luke, I don't like what he does, but he's a business man no different than Larry Flynt or other folks

TruOne

• I'm still standing. . .I'm still here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2005, 11:21:55 AM »
No, I am not a racist. I have known a few black people and for the most part they were wonderful individuals.

I love this qoute, because it basically puts blacks on the outside of what is considered "the norm". How many blacks folx do you know that can honestly say, "I know a couple white people".

NOt very many because of the fact that as black folx, our culture is seen as being outside of mainstream. Therefore we don't have the luxury of using our association with white people as any type of validation. All tho we think that the White Man's ice is colder and that anything associated with black folx is "Raggedy, run-down, ghetto, boot-leg" and the sort, it still doesn't earn us any brownie points to say,

"I can't be racist, my bestfriend is white"

_BP_

• Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2005, 11:29:28 AM »

Blk, I recognized this scene from barbados right away;)  I used to work at a hotel, just across the road from this beach.  The area is called Bathsheba, and they hold surfing meets up there.

zenbiddie

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2005, 11:36:28 AM »
blk, i had tons of pics ready to go but a meeting is dragging me away...i will post some pics later...you did a beautiful job of encapsulating all that we are.  yes you could go on forever...we are the fabric of american culture.  black culture is  american culture. this thread made my day.  ;D

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( (tears of joy)

MsJay9

• I'm never down.....I'm either Up or Getting Up!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - msjy9
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2005, 11:46:03 AM »
I wanna go to Barbados  :(

Blk, I recognized this scene from barbados right away;)  I used to work at a hotel, just across the road from this beach.  The area is called Bathsheba, and they hold surfing meets up there.

_BP_

• Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2005, 11:58:43 AM »

and Barbados would love to see Msjay;)  Make it happen!

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2005, 12:02:05 PM »
Barbados really does look beautiful from all the pics that I've seen...seems like good times

MsJay9

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2005, 12:10:51 PM »
First let me say Good Afternoon BP  :)

I would love to frivolously spend my money on a trip to Barbados but right now I am trying to get my finances in order so that later on I'll be able to take a trip wherever and not have to worry about how my bills will be paid when I return...lol...ya'know!

_BP_

• Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2005, 12:37:50 PM »
First let me say Good Afternoon BP  :)

I would love to frivolously spend my money on a trip to Barbados but right now I am trying to get my finances in order so that later on I'll be able to take a trip wherever and not have to worry about how my bills will be paid when I return...lol...ya'know!

Okay, good answer, but as soon as you get those finances in order.... ;)
And good afternoon to you too Msjay.

MsJay9

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2005, 12:39:41 PM »
Right...as soonas....then I'll be looking for you so that I can have a personal tour guide that will really show me the beauty of Barbados!  ;)