Law School Discussion

what is black culture?

angelus

Re: what is black culture?
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2005, 09:22:07 AM »
Wasn't there a Black American who did the same thing around the 1930-40's when hitler attended the olympics?

my favortie out of blks pictures:

lex19

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2005, 09:30:34 AM »
no that was, jesse ownens you are thinking of, he won a gold medal and hitler refused to be at the ceremony (the olympics were in germany 1934 or 1935)...but no black gloved fist in the air, that would have never happened back then, mr. owen's medal would have been taken away by the US government...

so i do have to ask what sparked your interest in "black american culture"?

seu2002

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2005, 09:33:36 AM »
INTERESTING that you start a thread asking for black culture to be identified at the same time that you post this elsewhere on the LSD:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,34047.msg542729.html#msg542729

lex19

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2005, 09:36:28 AM »
good catch seu!!! i was gonna do try and look up his past posts, but don't know how to do so!

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2005, 09:39:21 AM »
come on blk, let's show everything. Not just the good, but the bad and.... the ugly

seu2002

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2005, 09:41:03 AM »
this fool's been fixated on racism and how black people are milking "oppression" for all it's worth.  he posted this thread within minutes of posting that other racist thread.

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2005, 09:57:14 AM »
Holy smokes! FUBU?! What a picture.

I don't really see the point in trying to "catch" angelus by posting his other thread. It seems neither here nor there re. this thread. And how is his question or this one racist anyway? Racism to me is characterized primarily with ignorance. It seems to me he's making an effort to at least understand more, as uncouth as he may come across.

_BP_

• Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2005, 10:03:48 AM »
no that was, jesse ownens you are thinking of, he won a gold medal and hitler refused to be at the ceremony (the olympics were in germany 1934 or 1935)...but no black gloved fist in the air, that would have never happened back then, mr. owen's medal would have been taken away by the US government...
so i do have to ask what sparked your interest in "black american culture"?

True that, and even in the black gloved fist salute 30 years later in Mexico, depicted in this picture, both of them were kicked out of the Olympic village and sent home immediately after!

lex19

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2005, 10:04:38 AM »
his question may not be racist, but when someone, anyone, especially on a discussion board asks "what is black culture" there are going to be doubts of the individuals true motives....and his preious thread about:

"Is it socially acceptable for minorities to be rude? Am I supposed to think it's cute? clever? sexy? The reason I ask is a black dude cut in front of me to get a theater ticket and when I confronted him he whined about being oppressed."

doesn't help at all.......but it is refreshing to know that angelus is brave enough to ask, rather than making assumptions

lex19

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2005, 10:06:44 AM »

True that, and even in the black gloved fist salute 30 years later in Mexico, depicted in this picture, both of them were kicked out of the Olympic village and sent home immediately after!

and they were blacklisted from endorsements of anykind which was/is essential for a non-revenue athlete to make a living