Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Akron vs. Capital  (Read 440 times)

Ladybuglaw05

• GPA: 3.21 LSAT: 156
    • View Profile
Akron vs. Capital
« on: May 18, 2005, 05:29:39 PM »
I was all set to move to Columbus to attend Capital ($11,000 per yr scholarship).  I can move in w/ my best friend, and my cousin is an attorney there, so I was really looking forward to it.  However, I just recieved a full tuition scholarship from University of Akron.  Should I change my plans this late?  Capital is in a better job market, but Akron is ranked higher.  Columbus is a better place to live, but Akron means NO TUITION.  What would you do???

funnyfunny

Re: Akron vs. Capital
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 05:49:58 PM »
I was all set to move to Columbus to attend Capital ($11,000 per yr scholarship).  I can move in w/ my best friend, and my cousin is an attorney there, so I was really looking forward to it.  However, I just recieved a full tuition scholarship from University of Akron.  Should I change my plans this late?  Capital is in a better job market, but Akron is ranked higher.  Columbus is a better place to live, but Akron means NO TUITION.  What would you do???

If I were you, I'd go to Capital.  I currently reside in this cruddy little city called Akron and can't wait to get the hell outta here.  The job market sucks, not only because the economy is bad but because Akron itself was once considered "the rubber capital of the world," and now there are no rubber factories, as well as no real markets for jobs of any type.  The University is located near the "downtown" area, which consists of about three blocks of Main St. (no real downtown). The city itself is horrid. I hope you take my advice. Columbus is a much better place to attend law school.