Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Kerry campaign apologizes for use of photos featuring vets in new ad...  (Read 1463 times)

Jeremy

• Sr. Citizen
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
    • Jeremyandlaw
    • Email
This is the same campaign that chastized the Bush administration for using photos of Sept. 11th in his ads.  I have never seen so many two faced politicians in my life.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000525379
The ability to reason is a magnificant thing.  The ability to ignore this ability is even more amazing.

jgruber

So Bush is no better than Kerry or vice versa when it comes to campaign ads.

What would the point be?

Section Eight

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
I think the point would revolve around stones and a glass house...

jgruber

But my point is that showing that Kerry is suspect doesn't make Bush any better.

Section Eight

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
True, however, does it always have to be a reverse reflected statement?  The point isn't that Bush is ok, it is that Kerry is not any better.

Honestly, this one isn't about Bush.  It is about John Kerry.  Don't flip it!

Jason

jgruber

I've been listening to a lot of people defending Bush by attacking Kerry, when in fact they are criticizing Kerry for doing the same thing Bush is doing.  Or they say that Clinton did the same thing.

That's not a defense for incompetence or corruption.

this isn't about Bush or Kerry.  It's about holding everyone accountable.

Jeremy

• Sr. Citizen
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
    • Jeremyandlaw
    • Email
I've been listening to a lot of people defending Bush by attacking Kerry, when in fact they are criticizing Kerry for doing the same thing Bush is doing.  Or they say that Clinton did the same thing.

That's not a defense for incompetence or corruption.

this isn't about Bush or Kerry.  It's about holding everyone accountable.

It's not about making Kerry worse than Bush or anything remotely close.  It's just another example of how Kerry is two faced.  That simple. 
You may not like Bush, but you can't say that Kerry would be a good replacement...come on.
The ability to reason is a magnificant thing.  The ability to ignore this ability is even more amazing.

jgruber

I don't like Kerry or Bush.  But I'm tired of people justifying Bush's behavior by saying Democrats do or did the same thing.

Jeremy

• Sr. Citizen
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
    • Jeremyandlaw
    • Email
I don't like Kerry or Bush.  But I'm tired of people justifying Bush's behavior by saying Democrats do or did the same thing.

Don't get me wrong..I wasn't intending to justify bad behavior by illuminating worse behavior.  Just pointing out another issue with Kerry. 

So, if you don't like either candidate...who's it gonna be?  Nader?  JeffJoe?

jgruber

If elected I will not serve, although I like the benefits package.