Law School Discussion

TERMINATE Michael Isikoff !!!!!! "newsweek"

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
TERMINATE Michael Isikoff !!!!!! "newsweek"
« on: May 18, 2005, 12:09:53 AM »
because he simply failed to do his job...should michael isikoff be fired?

yes or no?

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
Re: FIRE Michael Isikoff !!!!!! "newsweek"
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 12:29:26 AM »
only serious responses please.

ASNetlenov

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 08:20:08 AM »
I don't care if he is fired or not. He has been relegated to the heap along with Dateline, CBS News, and the New York Times.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 01:00:23 PM »
I don't care if he is fired or not. He has been relegated to the heap along with Dateline, CBS News, and the New York Times.

maybe retractions should be on the front page of newspapers...but aye agree...put it on the heap along with the washington post...god knows heads are rolling.

also...maybe michael isikoff should be fired!

ASNetlenov

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 01:28:40 PM »
He probably should be fired. And retractions should be given a prominent position. At the rate things are going I do not know what media sources will be left untainted. Maybe the Drudge Report will be the only thing left. Scary.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 02:56:04 PM »
He probably should be fired. And retractions should be given a prominent position. At the rate things are going I do not know what media sources will be left untainted. Maybe the Drudge Report will be the only thing left. Scary.

"the onion" is a good little rag...
"the ny daily news" and "the ny post" sports section is good because they use words and letters and spell things with originality...

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
Re: Michael Isikoff !!!!!! FIRE HIM..."newsweek" retraction.
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 12:38:31 AM »
michael isikoff should be fired...no question...professionals in other occupations would be fired for not performing the basic tasks of their job.

if a doctor is unprofessional...he should be fired...many have malpractice suits and are fired.

"publish or perish" is the motto of the writer and the college professor.

michael isikoff wrote "damaging false information"...in his effort to sell his story he essentially wrote a fabrication...he blames his source...well too bad!!!

for michael isikoff, termination demanded!!

one may see his bump in the road as a sign of some hidden agenda he has to "make up" stories to distract the public...and "newsweek" has resorted to "yellow journalism."

fire michael isikoff...a librarian who failed to perform basic duties would be fired...

a police officer who did not follow simple procedure could be fired...

why shouldn't a reporter who does not follow basic rules be allowed to "side-step" the chopping block...

the termination of michael isikoff would be an example to all journalists to GET THEIR FACTS STRAIGHT.

it is obvious as well that isikoff has no respect for peoples beliefs...he didn't do the reasearch...isikoff did not understand the gravity of damage a slip might unleash...

like john the baptist...michael isikoff should be sacked!!!

maybe there is no "source"...maybe isikoff "made" up the source.

and like all retractions...which are usually buried somewhere in the middle of a periodical...it should have been on the front cover in RED letters.

periodicals are like slippery eels and retractions are like the clear humor which while very sticky...simply drips to the ocean bottom.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
Re: TERMINATE Michael Isikoff !!!!!! "newsweek"
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 12:10:05 AM »
how has isikoff hurt "newsweek"?

cancelled subscriptions for one.
dumping stock in "newsweek"?
vs.
purchased stock in "newsweek"?