Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Emory Chances  (Read 781 times)

indecision05

• View Profile
Emory Chances
« on: May 17, 2005, 10:35:03 PM »
Note: I posted this same topic on the parent post, but didn't receive much of a response, so I am reposting here.

I was placed on the waitlist at Emory. I called today for my ranking. I was told that I am ranked in the top five. This presents a conundrum for me as I was pretty set on going to a school that is ranked much higher than emory. However, there are many things about Emory that I find attractive and I would seriously consider going...Actually, if admitted, I would probably go to Emory. What are the odds that Emory will use their waitlist? Is there any historical waitlist data? The admissions person said I can expect to hear around mid-June. Is that accurate, or was she just being safe? Should I make a bet on Emory?
Thanks

sparkle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Emory Chances
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 10:39:37 PM »
I don't know how this cycle compares to last, but last year's LSN data is a tiny sample and there are 4 WL admits just out of that little pool.  If this year looks anything like last year, I'd say there's an excellent chance of >5 total WL admits.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/search_schools.php?action=search&cycle=0304&code=5187&sort=status&edea=all&ftpt=both
WUSTL 2008

LSN: sparklesparkle

indecision05

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 10:47:51 PM »
I don't know how this cycle compares to last, but last year's LSN data is a tiny sample and there are 4 WL admits just out of that little pool.  If this year looks anything like last year, I'd say there's an excellent chance of >5 total WL admits.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/search_schools.php?action=search&cycle=0304&code=5187&sort=status&edea=all&ftpt=both

That helps a lot thanks...I am kind of hoping that I will hear soon, so I don't have to lay out a bunch of cash to other schools.

farmer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 05:04:33 PM »
when i called the lady i spoke with said that they did not accept anyone off of the waitlist last year.  hopefully its different this year.  good luck.

indecision05

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 03:49:59 PM »
when i called the lady i spoke with said that they did not accept anyone off of the waitlist last year.  hopefully its different this year.  good luck.

That's terrible news, but thanks for sharing. How did you rank?