Law School Discussion

Messing around with Iowa's admission council

desmo

• View Profile
Re: Messing around with Iowa's admission council
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 08:11:43 PM »
I spent ~2 years in Iowa City.  Our house was in Coralville.  It was the coldest fricking place I've lived out of IL, IN, NC, SC, and IA.  Large gay population - not the trendy California kind - the corn fed heifer is that a girl or guy kind.  Very white area IMHO.

College is nice, next to mall downtown right on bus lines.  Good restaurants and not bad shopping for a smaller town in the middle of corn fields.  Very educated population - three hospitals in area - one teaching, one VA, one regular in addition to the University of course.  Big Ten sports and a decent draw on the arts side also.

We moved back to the Carolinas after it snowed in late April one year.

St. Shaun

• Yes, I am this pretty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2005, 08:20:09 PM »
The corralville mall is the only mall I've ever heard of with a hockey rink in it.  How weird is that.  At least in Iowa city you don't have as big a crystal meth problem as Waterloo/Cedar Falls and the UNI area.

desmo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2005, 08:26:42 PM »
The corralville mall is the only mall I've ever heard of with a hockey rink in it.  How weird is that.  At least in Iowa city you don't have as big a crystal meth problem as Waterloo/Cedar Falls and the UNI area.

We left just as they were breaking ground on the mall.

Man, Waterloo tanked when Deere pulled out - heard a lot of stories of people just walking away from their home because they couldn't sell and the prices dropped so much they owed more than what it was worth.

Cedar Rapids seemed like a decent bigger town if you could get past the smell of Cheerios and corn syrup everywhere.

TruOne

• I'm still standing. . .I'm still here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2005, 08:40:56 PM »
I spent ~2 years in Iowa City.  Our house was in Coralville.  It was the coldest fricking place I've lived out of IL, IN, NC, SC, and IA.  Large gay population - not the trendy California kind - the corn fed heifer is that a girl or guy kind.  Very white area IMHO.

I go to an All male school, that is in the middle of a city with one of the highest Gay populations in the country. Bein' around gayfolk ain't gonna be nuthin' new.

But seriously, the town seems pretty decent/quiet, but the most important question........What's the women like?

desmo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2005, 08:46:17 PM »

I go to an All male school, that is in the middle of a city with one of the highest Gay populations in the country. Bein' around gayfolk ain't gonna be nuthin' new.

But seriously, the town seems pretty decent/quiet, but the most important question........What's the women like?

a lot of corn fed heifers....

how can I put this without getting in to too much trouble...

my wife was just coming off being pregnant and hadn't dropped all the weight yet - she mentioned Iowa City made her feel skinny...

TruOne

• I'm still standing. . .I'm still here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2005, 08:51:49 PM »

a lot of corn fed heifers....

how can I put this without getting in to too much trouble...

my wife was just coming off being pregnant and hadn't dropped all the weight yet - she mentioned Iowa City made her feel skinny...

:-\