Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Access Group v. North Star (THE) opinions?  (Read 1290 times)

Tymeless

• View Profile
Access Group v. North Star (THE) opinions?
« on: May 17, 2005, 04:37:23 PM »
Which one do you think is better.  So far I am leaning towards THE, monthly credit(which will reduce total amount of repayment), they use experian for my address (highest score), limit of 120,000 for my school (I can stay within this limit), however Access group provides an additional 5 years to repay (can be good/bad), no limit (this can be dangerous, taking out more than needed) and a lower interest rate based on credit of course, but they use Trans union (lowest score).  Should I chance it with Access or go with THE? 

Any other information on these companies will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take"
I am taking all the shots I can.
In:NYLS, Touro
Out: St. Johns, Brooklyn, Hofstra (Damn, Damn, Damn!!!)

jd2008

• View Profile
Re: Access Group v. North Star (THE) opinions?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 07:22:04 PM »
Which one do you think is better.  So far I am leaning towards THE, monthly credit(which will reduce total amount of repayment), they use experian for my address (highest score), limit of 120,000 for my school (I can stay within this limit), however Access group provides an additional 5 years to repay (can be good/bad), no limit (this can be dangerous, taking out more than needed) and a lower interest rate based on credit of course, but they use Trans union (lowest score).  Should I chance it with Access or go with THE? 

Any other information on these companies will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

apply to both and see what rates they offer you on the approval notices.  You never know how good (or bad) they consider your credit rating. 

Trel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 08:22:38 PM »
As I mentioned in the other thread, I went with Northstar b/c of the lower rates primarily.
You can see my numbers at LSN

Tymeless

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 10:37:39 AM »

apply to both and see what rates they offer you on the approval notices.  You never know how good (or bad) they consider your credit rating. 

Won't it affect my credit score if I apply to both?  Or wont it matter since I would apply on the same day? 

risingMC

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 11:36:37 AM »
For my first year I should be able to get by on gov't and perkins loans, so I went with Northstar.

Tymeless

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 01:49:10 PM »
For my first year I should be able to get by on gov't and perkins loans, so I went with Northstar.

Well I was approved by both programs.  I think I am going to go with NorthStar I will never hit there aggregate limit and with the govermental loans I will be good.  Also, with the interest given by Access and using the calculator I will be saving alot with the credit program offered by North Star. 

INdecision

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 12:43:15 PM »
You really must read the other thread about which lender everyone is using...it provides lots of info on Northstar/THE v. Access

lyrarain

• This is a nutria!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 02:04:35 PM »
tag
3.52 164|cancel|173
Attending: UVA