Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Lincoln Law School of San Jose  (Read 616 times)

steve23ucsb

• View Profile
Lincoln Law School of San Jose
« on: May 17, 2005, 02:40:57 PM »
This school seems to be only part-time.  Does anyone know anything about it or about the town?

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Lincoln Law School of San Jose
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 02:45:33 PM »
It's not ABA accredited. I don't know if it's even CBA accredited. If you don't already live and work in San Jose and are a non-trad student, moving there and going to law school PT would be a waste of your time. I believe that CA is the only state out there that will let you sit for the bar without having gone to LS. Not that you'll pass, but your odds of studying on your own and passing are about the same as going to Lincoln Law or one of those online programs and passing. It can be done, but it's because of you, not the school.

vivaxixon

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 03:02:42 PM »
Actually, I seem to remember that Lincoln's bar passage rate is higher than Golden Gate's which is ABA and CBA approved. (Sorry, don't have the link, but you can Google the passage rates in California) Incidentally, I believe Lincoln is CBA approved. They have a school in Sacramento that has been around for 30+ years. A family friend graduated from their, passed the bar, and has been working in a firm in Sacramento for 20+ years. She recommended going to an ABA approved school, but had nothing bad to say about Lincoln in Sacramento.

steve23ucsb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 03:23:08 PM »
What about University of West Los Angeles School of law or Monterey School of law?  Any feedback?

DutchessA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 12:53:28 PM »
Lincoln is San Jose is NOT related to the lincoln in Sacramento, which has a good reputation and a great bar pass rate...for July 2004 Lincoln's (San Jose) pass rate was 7%, check out the CA Bar website for more info...

But, most importantly, they are not affiliated...at all, nada, zip, zilch...

http://www.calbar.ca.gov/calbar/pdfs/admissions/GBX/JULY2004STATS.pdf

LaneSwerver

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 01:31:06 PM »
I graduated from Lincoln Log School if that helps.