Law School Discussion

can you understand U.S. MEDIA

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
can you understand U.S. MEDIA
« on: May 17, 2005, 12:14:44 PM »
trinidad people had always found it interesting...the problems of north americans in handling the art of government.  refer to the various stages of development that usa has enjoyed since its birth from an agricultural state to an industrial state to its present form...

a corrupt state.

corruption as a form of government is in varying stages of development.  in the former ussr, per example, where it operated with the greatest of ease, it was the state or trickle-down theory of corruption.

but in the usa, it seems to be in a transitional, electric phase--free-form corruption...

free-form corruption is a most unpredictable phase, because it continues self-consciously to deny its existence and publicly denouces what it privately owes its existence to...as part of this philosophy, usa offers a regular program of planned exposures...a building inspector one month, several police officials another month, cnn, fox tv, court tv, newsweek articles other months...and thus the public is encouraged to think of corruption as an unwelcome stranger in the house...instead of as the host.

at the same time, with so much surface corruption made so appallingly evident, the public can hardly avoid becoming increasingly corruption oriented...so, it will be only a matter of time before corruption's takeover becomes complete...

considering this interesting complex of circumstances and taking into account the failure of the educational system, the increasing decline of the culture, the impending civil war, on and on...

one serious question does beg to be raised...

are americans ready for independence?

wwbbd?

ASNetlenov

Re: can you understand U.S. MEDIA
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 12:24:29 PM »
Gibberish.

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 12:28:13 PM »
Interesting that you mention the USSR. I think if you look at the former Soviet states and most of the post-communist Eastern European states, the level of corruption in the United States by comparison is nowhere in the same ballpark. In Poland, for example, there have been two major scandals that have reached to the highest levels of government (one relating to government ownership of an oil company, the other about bribes going to members of parliament), and have completely undermined public trust. Some of what happened was a carry over from communist times, but alot of it is because a legal vaccum was created after the fall of communism that the more industrious took advantage of.
This is not to say that American corruption is negligable, only that you have to put it in perspective with states of similar size and complexity. You could, of course, bring up Haliburton getting a monopoly over oil contracts in Iraq and all the Enron/Worldcom stuff as examples of high level corruption in the US, but this is hardly enough to raise the question as to whether the US is ready for freedom.

ASNetlenov

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 12:33:28 PM »
Not that I am a fan of Halliburton or their work, but does anyone know how many other companies are equipped to handle those contracts? It can't be much more than 3.

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 12:36:08 PM »
Not that I am a fan of Halliburton or their work, but does anyone know how many other companies are equipped to handle those contracts? It can't be much more than 3.

Yeah, and they should have had a chance to put ion contracts, particularily given the numerous ties they have with the Bush administration.

thefaceman

• I saved Latin. What did you ever do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 12:57:21 PM »
One country the size of the U.S. with less corruption?  Ummm, yeah.

The U.S. invented the practical "open" form of government. We still lead the world in it.

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 01:25:32 PM »
get back to us when you can run comb through hair.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 09:03:26 PM »
it is funny since what was written obviously went over some of the responders' heads...

the writing is meant to be facetious...

re-read it and maybe the humor will come to u.

some people actually "do" "get it"...

some people cannot get their brains around this kind of humor...

it is tough... ;)

keep trying...aye know some get it :D

px.o.rsta

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 09:10:50 PM »
vagueness not same as profundity.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 10:49:44 PM »
vagueness not same as profundity.

profundity is your word, my friend, yet
ambiguity is vagueness so obtuse;
profundity the way to your door found.

par example:

facetious humor seems to escape you and
hyaline fluid seems to fill you.  ;)

...try to get your brain around that one...

ps. read a few books this weekend...that ms. julie's  assignment.