Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: screw it - im taking it in october  (Read 900 times)

ts369697

• View Profile
    • Email
screw it - im taking it in october
« on: May 16, 2005, 08:33:27 PM »
a month and a half isnt enough time to get ready for this thing if i want a 170. i mihgt be able to do it in june, but why not wait til october? besides wont it be easier to score high when all the normal people are taking it rather than the overachievers who just want to knock out their 170's an be done with it?

Thou

• Sr. Citizen
  • I am LSD
    • View Profile
Re: screw it - im taking it in october
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 08:41:22 PM »
Law is surprisingly false tolerant.

2004-2012, Thou

InVinoVeritas

• LSD Obsessed
  • Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 08:56:01 PM »
there will be plenty of high achievers taking the test in october.  moreover, during last season's cycle, the concensus seemed to be that the october test had the most brutal curve.

Amanda H.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 10:18:01 PM »
It probably won't be any easier, but it also won't be any harder.  (Remember, you're not being curved against your fellow October takers, but rather simply against the actual difficulty of the test.)

And having more time to study should definitely give you a higher score, presuming you use that time productively.

DunkinsFan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 10:19:11 PM »
Speculation about the curve isn't a good thing to base a decision about a test date on, but it sounds like the OP simply doesn't feel prepared.  That is a valid reason for postponing.

Amanda H.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 10:22:40 PM »
Speculation about the curve isn't a good thing to base a decision about a test date on, but it sounds like the OP simply doesn't feel prepared.  That is a valid reason for postponing.

Exactly. 

For most people, 6 weeks is probably not enough time to reach their maximum prep level.

Geddon187

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 02:50:59 AM »
a month and a half isnt enough time to get ready for this thing if i want a 170. i mihgt be able to do it in june, but why not wait til october? besides wont it be easier to score high when all the normal people are taking it rather than the overachievers who just want to knock out their 170's an be done with it?

You are almost certain to get a 170 in October.

ts369697

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 04:11:30 AM »
are you saying that because if im around that score now (actually, maybe more like 165-168 right now) then ill be easily able to take it to 170 by october? you think four more months at this will solidify it?

Stroopwafel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 06:43:14 AM »
If you are scoring 170ish now, take the June. If not, how far off are you?
If you spend the next 6 weeks well, and can take an old real test every other day or so, you will be fine. the LSAT is definitely a test that you can get accustomed to. It rewards the diligent.

Spend the summer on getting your information together, reseaching likely schools, getting solid work exp, getting solid recs from profs, and then send out apps the day applications are being accepted by the schools you are interested in.

It's not just numbers, but if you have decent numbers then it can sometimes be a matter of getting in the door early. The application cycles have been getting absolutely brutal and show no sign of changing for the better. At this point, even sending out apps by Dec, can be considered too late.

Good luck
Rest not. Life is sweeping by; go and dare before you die. Something mighty and sublime, leave behind to conquer time.

-Goethe

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 08:56:30 AM »
who has 6 weeks?! i see three
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.