Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Too many applicants says Hofstra!!!!  (Read 1883 times)

kdeevers

• View Profile
Re: Too many applicants says Hofstra!!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2005, 11:10:31 AM »
Best of luck to you at NYLS and I LOVE your quote at the bottom sooo true.

z

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2005, 11:54:54 AM »
Got the letter today. "We received a large number of applications from individuals with a variety of skills and qualifications. Unfortunately, we cannot accept all applicants and we must therefore, disappoint many persons of accomplishment and promise"

That sounds like a pretty generic rejection letter.  I don't see any indication that they had an unexpected increase in applications.  Of course, it is a nice way of letting you down. 

Best of luck at NYLS.  I think you have the right attitude about the process: 

Thanks!! I have finally calmed down and realized that it actually won't matter where I go.  I only applied to schools I would actually consider attending and I got into one, so I should not get so upset.  I am going into private practice anyway so, NYLS it is!!

Good Luck to everyone.

Nellabella

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2005, 04:41:24 PM »
I think that this sounds like a generic letter as well, no indication that there were too many applicants.  I actually got an e-mail from them on May 2, asking me to apply to their P/T evening division b/c they didn't get that many applicants.

schnorer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2005, 07:35:55 PM »
I think that this sounds like a generic letter as well, no indication that there were too many applicants.  I actually got an e-mail from them on May 2, asking me to apply to their P/T evening division b/c they didn't get that many applicants.

actually as an afterthought i agree.