Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: waitlist news got me down  (Read 445 times)

lsantos623

• View Profile
    • Email
waitlist news got me down
« on: May 16, 2005, 07:19:40 PM »
So I've been telling everyone and their mothers that I'm going to CLS.  submitted my deposit, loan applications, immunization records, etc.  I almost bought a t-shirt.

imagine my surprise when I get a call today that I'm off Boalt's waitlist. i had heard they never take people off their waitlist, but beware, that is obviously not so.

so this sucks. i know i should be happy, but i was all set on cls, now i'm just confused.  i live in CA and would be a lot easier to stay, and i could keep my car and my boyfriend, maybe even my apartment. i guess i'll just leave it to the financial aid gods to decide?

anyone else been punched in the stomach by waitlist news out there? need a support group. or any advice in general? :-\
CLS or Boalt?????

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
Re: waitlist news got me down
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 07:22:40 PM »
Take a deep breath and let this news sink in for a couple days.  Don't make any decisions today or tomorrow.  This is a lot to digest.  Since I would only be eligible for those schools in my own dreams, I can't offer anything but that advice.

Feel like a rock star for getting into two fab schools, pat yourself on the back and then make your decison.

Congrats!

lsantos623

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 11:59:40 AM »
Thanks HippieLawChick, a night of sleep made a big difference.  I will take your advice and chill for now, I have until 7/1 to make a decision so its not so bad. thanks again!
CLS or Boalt?????

InVinoVeritas

• LSD Obsessed
  • Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 12:56:51 PM »
it's a win-win situation, whereever you end up.

at the very least, you have chance to really figure out what things are important to you at this point in you life.  family and boyfriend or the experience of living in a new environment?  you choose.  just realize that both schools give you a tremendous amount of flexibility in terms of post-law school opportunities.

good luck!