Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Appalachian School of Law. Anyone know anything about it or the town of Grundy?  (Read 1416 times)

steve23ucsb

• View Profile
Appalachian School of Law. Anyone know anything about it or the town of Grundy?

ccorsi

Appalachian School of Law. Anyone know anything about it or the town of Grundy?

I know that they had an add right under your thread and that they picked a lousy name.  I wonder if Deliverance School of Law was TMed already.

C2

inthesun

My freshman year roommate was runner up for Miss Grundy County.  Everything you would expect someone with title to be. 

LaneSwerver

My freshman year roommate was runner up for Miss Grundy County.  Everything you would expect someone with title to be. 

steve23ucsb

• View Profile
hmm.. Now I'm psyched about Grundy!

Anyone actually know about the town?  On the net it says you can't get a drop of liquor in the town.  What do people do for fun?

ccorsi

hmm.. Now I'm psyched about Grundy!

Anyone actually know about the town?  On the net it says you can't get a drop of liquor in the town.  What do people do for fun?

You are psyched about a dry town?  Are you crazy?

I'd even drink a beer with fruit in it after a few weeks there.

C2

PresClay_00

i have a pledge brother who just finished his first year there.  according to him, the town is dead and it's a 30-40 min drive to get to alcohol, so most people stock up when they make the trek.  he's had most of the same bitches i've heard from other 1Ls at other schools, coupled with the dry county and lack of a social scene. 

steve23ucsb

• View Profile
I was being sarcastic about being psyched..obviously.

So Pres, did your friend think it was alright or am I crazy for going out there. My gpa sucks so my choices are limited... but I'm from California and I would be forcing myself into a few years probably practicing law in Virginia.

hilljack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I've been in  those parts many times.  Not much in Grundy.  It is a small country town, you make your own fun.  Trust me, you can have as much fun (or close) in a country town as anywhere.

PresClay_00

he's ok with it, but his father also has a very successful small town practice (they are one of 10 offices in the county, and also represent the school board, hospital, social svcs, etc) that his brothers are already in on and he will join upon graduation, so he's not really worried about rep or anything.  i think the biggest thing for him was the lack of a social scene (read bars and different chicks).  as for coming from California, man, that's a hell of a long way.  isn't there somewhere a bit closer for you?