Law School Discussion

wisdom of dubya

St. Shaun

• Yes, I am this pretty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: wisdom of dubyah
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2005, 06:29:06 PM »
I can't believe you people actually think the president is stupid.  I always thought it was just a big joke, but I've begun to see that people actually think there smarter then him.  Just another point that you should consider since your all law school apps.  Though Bush and Kerry both went to Yale, Bush got accepted to Harvard for his MBA, Kerry went to BC for law school, and that was before admission standards were so high.

St. Shaun

• Yes, I am this pretty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2005, 06:45:48 PM »
No, I'm not talking to you.  Mostly to Julie, but if she thinks he stupid because of how he talks I don't think the irony will be lost on anyone.

I'm not saying he's a great speaker.  I actually don't think he's that bad, if you watch his entire speeches they aren't that bad, he just messes up some words and thats what the media shows.  He's had alot going on in his presidency and he gives alot of speeches, so this is understandable (especially since the days of presedents writing their own speeches is long gone, it's hard to give someone else's speech, even if it is tailored for you).

St. Shaun

• Yes, I am this pretty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2005, 06:52:14 PM »
Yeah, I think that's more of his real personality.  Especially since he was a partier when he was younger.

PresClay_00

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2005, 06:56:10 PM »

St. Shaun

• Yes, I am this pretty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: wisdom of dubya
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2005, 07:10:04 PM »
That map doesn't seem right.  Rural Iowa should be all blue (that's where I grew up).  Gotta love the conservative democrats.

St. Shaun

• Yes, I am this pretty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2005, 07:21:18 PM »
actually Iowa had a large shift Republican this last election.  Remember the "swing states"?

Yeah, I know, didn't swing my district though.  My brother is a history teacher at a small school in north Iowa.  The day before the election the Enlgish teacher shows Farnehiet 911 as a documentary in class and tells the class that it's all true.  It was a senior class so they could all vote.  My brother said about 10 kids changed their vote because of it.  He complained because, well, how is it an English documentary.  Now all the other teachers hate him.  And to think of all the fuss the democrats put up about vote tampering.  I can guarentee you that if he showed the much of a republican biased film he would have been fired and it would have made the news.

St. Shaun

• Yes, I am this pretty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2005, 07:33:53 PM »
It took close to a week for Iowa to report the votes.  Of course my area wasn't that close to going republican (too many farmers, the only ones who are truly benefitted from democrats)

PresClay_00

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2005, 07:49:19 PM »
actually Iowa had a large shift Republican this last election.  Remember the "swing states"?

Yeah, I know, didn't swing my district though.  My brother is a history teacher at a small school in north Iowa.  The day before the election the Enlgish teacher shows Farnehiet 911 as a documentary in class and tells the class that it's all true.  It was a senior class so they could all vote.  My brother said about 10 kids changed their vote because of it.  He complained because, well, how is it an English documentary.  Now all the other teachers hate him.  And to think of all the fuss the democrats put up about vote tampering.  I can guarentee you that if he showed the much of a republican biased film he would have been fired and it would have made the news.

i had a teacher like that my senior year for hs but at least she was the govt teacher.  she told everyone to remember and vote for the guy who would make our schools better, and  it certainly wasn't that oil man.  at this point in my life, like i still am, i had no trouble calling bs and it turned into a less than friendly discussion on her position as a state employee as being apolitical while on the job and degenerated from there

St. Shaun

• Yes, I am this pretty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2005, 08:13:56 PM »
I would have loved to have been there.

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2005, 08:50:40 PM »
I can't believe you people actually think the president is stupid.  I always thought it was just a big joke, but I've begun to see that people actually think there smarter then him.  Just another point that you should consider since your all law school apps.  Though Bush and Kerry both went to Yale, Bush got accepted to Harvard for his MBA, Kerry went to BC for law school, and that was before admission standards were so high.

Does there = they're, then = than (we'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that one), your = you're?

The president must really seem like a genius to you!