Law School Discussion

wisdom of dubya

elemnopee

Re: wisdom of dubya
« Reply #490 on: June 09, 2005, 11:44:12 AM »
LMNOP:

How long have you been in DC that you actually expect Metro might fix an escalator?

I've been in DC since August, and I think they might have made the escalator worse because it wasn't even on during lunch.

And I hope you don't have to take the red line because it flooded around Union Station last summer after some heavy storms.

I take it everyday, and I'm really looking forward to that.

Also, I use to always give my change to homeless people back home, but the panhandlers in DC are ridiculous.  This one guy by freedom plaza tried to tell me he was a drug and alchohal counselor, and he was clearly a crack head.  He handed me lunch menus and said these resturaunts supported some "DC Homeless Shelter and Counseling Center."  The audacity of these people is ridiculous.

Sorry to drag on, but at Smithsonian metro stop have you ever watched the guys handing out maps?  They give you a map, tell you where to go then hit you up for a donation to some Battered Women's Shelter.  I sat there waiting for a friend once and the guy probably made $50 in 30 minutes, unbelievable.

ASNetlenov

« Reply #491 on: June 09, 2005, 12:29:07 PM »
You should have seen it fifteen years ago before they cleaned it up. They used to follow you down the street.

I've only given to one of those bums before. Last summer I was walking down Prospect one morning and a drunk was asking for money saying he was trying to get a fresh start. I lauged from a distance as I was heading towards him. He started singing, "Need money for beer. Honesty is the best policy. Need money for beer. Want to get drunk." I went into the store and bought him an OE 40.

elemnopee

« Reply #492 on: June 09, 2005, 12:41:15 PM »
I went into the store and bought him an OE 40.

You are quite the Samaritan

ASNetlenov

« Reply #493 on: June 09, 2005, 12:47:56 PM »
He earned it. I have one friend who makes them do ten pushups for $1.00.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 09, 2005, 01:24:46 PM »
great to see what this thread has become...

showing....the true wisdom of the enigmatic and powerful vowel "w" ;)

{{{{{{{{-------|

laughing very loud and hard...muuuuhuuuuhaaaaa!

« Reply #495 on: June 09, 2005, 01:31:35 PM »

« Reply #496 on: June 09, 2005, 04:56:49 PM »
SAT doesn't translate into IQ.  IQ is supposed to measure someone's god-given ability to problem-solve, think critically, etc.  The SAT is designed to test one's knowledge of specific facts, more or less.

it's all a bunch of *&^% anyway.  IQ correlates to someone's overall intelligence pretty well, but just because one scores poorly on it doesn't mean that they are stupid, just as a high score doesn't necessarily mean that someone's really smart.  after all, it's a multiple choice test usually....

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 09, 2005, 06:03:58 PM »

well-said, our little floridian tart.

« Reply #498 on: June 09, 2005, 06:06:28 PM »
 :D really, i'm from a 99.99% blue state but shhhh

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile