Law School Discussion

Please Pray 4 Us (A little off topic)

Please Pray 4 Us (A little off topic)
« on: May 15, 2005, 11:32:59 PM »
Well I am just coming to ask for all of those to pray for me and my son.

I just got the news that his dad was shot in the neck. He's not dead but it's not looking to good. if he does live he will be paralyzed and won't be able to talk.

A lil background info: I'm 24 his dad is 28 and our son is 5. My son's father has never really been there for us. The only thing he does is claim my son which isn't for nothing. I left him when I was pregnant and he never forgave me for that and he knows how much I love my son so he hurts him to hurt me. So after year 3 I gave up. I just focused on my schooling and my baby and his schooling and how I can do the best for him. I was hoping that with age and maturity my son's father would eventually come into his life and help me raise him. This will never be a reality. I do not know what to tell my baby even though he never asks about him now but that may be because he's only 5 and never sees him that often anyway. However, one day I will have to explain.

This will push my LSAT date back to Oct because his mother agreed to watch him while I take my prep course but now she can't. My family will help but I was happy to hear that his family will take more action than showing up to all of his basketball events or taking pictures and posting them around like they paid for them.

I never have had to ask anyone for anything but I just wanted my son to grow up with a dad because I don't know how to teach a boy to be a man. I already spoil him rotten and he's a big ole mommas boy.

Lawprofessor

• Pony Up!
    • View Profile
Re: Please Pray 4 Us (A little off topic)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 12:05:48 AM »
I am sorry to hear about your bad news.  I cant speak for everyone else here, but you and your son and his dad will be in my prayers.  This is a difficult time for the entire family.  I hope things work out for the best.

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 12:13:04 AM »
Hi Coreysmommy,

I am sorry about what happened to your son's father. I do hope he recovers as well as he is able.
I know how you feel about wanting him to be a good father, I have kids of my own and a rather complicated personal situation.
I just want to tell you that your son can have a father figure in his life, a person who will take care of him and serve as a good role model. That person does not have to be your son's biological father.
Best of luck to you and your boy.

elegantpearl01

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 06:43:30 AM »
I am very sorry to hear about this, but you all are in my prayers.

MsJay9

• I'm never down.....I'm either Up or Getting Up!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - msjy9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 08:18:19 AM »
Coreysmommy I will keep you in my prayers....Everything will work out the way that is in God's plan.

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 11:16:13 AM »
I am sorry to read this as well.. you and your family are in my prayers

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2005, 11:41:13 AM »
 Your family are in my prayers. This is very sad news.