Law School Discussion

WL at Loyola LA

TBoneUCLA

Re: WL at Loyola LA
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2005, 12:17:30 PM »
They mentioned that they had 400 deposits already for 330 spots, so they are unable to accept certain highly qualified applicants because the class is already in essence full...They also gave several people last year scholarship incentives to defer for a year, so the class was already partially filled before they even started reviewing applications....

didnt they learn thier lesson about over accepting last year?

did a dean or someone mention this again this year, that they were over enrolled?

thefaceman

• I saved Latin. What did you ever do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2005, 12:27:05 PM »
That is probably why I have not heard.  I applied to PT, they are probably trying to get people to switch to PT to free up some seats.

bobo21

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2005, 12:35:49 PM »
bobo have you decided on Loyola yet?

Yup, pretty sure I will be going in the fall.  I'm going to withdraw from another school I sent in a deposit to, but also have one waitlist I would seriously consider.  Now, I just have to figure out all the private loan stuff...

I heard about the over enrollment from a staffer who was going around to all the tables and answering questions at the admitted students reception.  They also mentioned that a lot of people would most likely drop as they get accepted off of other waitlists, and when the second deposit is due in June they will have a better grasp on the numbers...

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2005, 01:02:07 PM »
bobo have you decided on Loyola yet?

Yup, pretty sure I will be going in the fall.  I'm going to withdraw from another school I sent in a deposit to, but also have one waitlist I would seriously consider.  Now, I just have to figure out all the private loan stuff...

I heard about the over enrollment from a staffer who was going around to all the tables and answering questions at the admitted students reception.  They also mentioned that a lot of people would most likely drop as they get accepted off of other waitlists, and when the second deposit is due in June they will have a better grasp on the numbers...

so in other words when that april 15th deadline came in and they got swamped, they were pretty much done accepting people at that point because they simply had no room, good numbers or not. huh.

did you enjoy the reception?

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2005, 01:05:32 PM »
bobo I'm in the same position...passing up money at another school for Loyola.  I wish I could've gone to the reception though. With all the overenrollment, I'm hoping they don't pull a "We didn't get your deposit in time" because it was due today, and I put it in the mail last monday and they still haven't received it.  They only gave me about a week and a half to sent the deposit in.

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2005, 01:10:32 PM »
bobo I'm in the same position...passing up money at another school for Loyola.  I wish I could've gone to the reception though. With all the overenrollment, I'm hoping they don't pull a "We didn't get your deposit in time" because it was due today, and I put it in the mail last monday and they still haven't received it.  They only gave me about a week and a half to sent the deposit in.

personally i was very surprised at what other schools people were passing up to go to loyola. i only talked to three people about thier other options, and all three (both full time and part time) were passing up higher ranked schools in other parts of the country to go to school in LA.

thefaceman

• I saved Latin. What did you ever do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2005, 01:41:42 PM »
I probably would have gone to Loyola even though I got into a higher ranked school because I live in LA, but they are taking WAY too long to let me know anything.  Higher ranked school, here I come.  Unless they offer me some sort of incentive ($) which is virtually impossible at this point, I'm out.

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2005, 10:22:45 PM »
I got in quickly with a 166 and 3.6.  I am 99% sure I won't go, but went ahead and put down a deposit.  Maybe you can have my spot...

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2005, 04:11:17 PM »
Melinda....where have u decided to go?

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2005, 09:27:38 AM »
so in other words when that april 15th deadline came in and they got swamped, they were pretty much done accepting people at that point because they simply had no room, good numbers or not. huh.

did you enjoy the reception?

How was the reception T?