Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 1  (Read 5339 times)

hilljack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Widener Grad takes 27k/yr job with firm
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2005, 12:37:38 AM »

Actually, you are the one that doesnt have a clue. The guy was totally accurate. I live in a san Gabriel Valley suburb about 20-25 miles east of Los Angeles and you can definitely find housing in the 300-400k range and I live in a pretty decent neighborhood as well. A two story, 4br 3ba place in my little gated complex went for 400k last year.

Hey dish!t - he stated that a $250,000 house is easy to find.  Perhaps you should live true to your screen name and realize that 4br, 3ba house selling for $400k is not exactly "precise" when the discussion is about $250,000 homes.   ::)

Christ - and you want to be a lawyer?  uhhhhhhh.........

You can't just be a dickhead all the time, can you?

Precise

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2005, 01:21:18 AM »

Actually, you are the one that doesnt have a clue. The guy was totally accurate. I live in a san Gabriel Valley suburb about 20-25 miles east of Los Angeles and you can definitely find housing in the 300-400k range and I live in a pretty decent neighborhood as well. A two story, 4br 3ba place in my little gated complex went for 400k last year.

Hey dish!t - he stated that a $250,000 house is easy to find.  Perhaps you should live true to your screen name and realize that 4br, 3ba house selling for $400k is not exactly "precise" when the discussion is about $250,000 homes.   ::)

Christ - and you want to be a lawyer?  uhhhhhhh.........

Wow, now I know how Michael Jordan felt when Craig Ehlo used to try and guard him.

Well Ehlo, you didnt quote anything about him saying "250k". You quoted him saying: "You don't need to buy a house for $475k to live in the LA metro area.  There are plenty of suburbs to the east that are cheaper."

Despite your fetish for internet confrontations, his statement is true and it did not warrant your anal response. Sorry a-hole, there are many ways for you to vent your anger at life. LSD isnt one of them.... maybe you should sip on green tea or fly a kite instead.

*waits for militarygrade to reply with his trademark "blah blah blah blah, dipsh!t/cumshot/jerkoff. blah blah blah blah blah feminine hygiene product/cockface/other juvenile insult" followed by a " ::)" response*

have a nice day!

militarygrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2005, 01:29:06 AM »

*waits for militarygrade to reply with his trademark "blah blah blah blah, dipsh!t/cumshot/jerkoff. blah blah blah blah blah feminine hygiene product/cockface/other juvenile insult" followed by a " ::)" response*

have a nice day!

You dipsh!t cumsh0t jerk0ff d00shbag.  ::)

Have a nice day!

sarbinson

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2005, 01:35:14 AM »
Good comment Bosco.

Also you guys aren't stopping to think that there are people in the world that don't mind making 27k a year.

A close friend of mine is a 2L at U Texas. He is a huge hippy and doesn't care about money. He will probably work for a firm where they wear shorts and sandals and take 2 hour lunch breaks, and maybye be making as much as this Widener guy. Just because this guy isn't pulling in big bucks doesn't automatically mean thats all that was avaible to him.

EDIT: Grammar 

sarmstrong,

do those firms exist?  I could handle a lot less money if I could swing that kind of lifestyle too... does he have something like that lined up for this summer?  If so, he's quickly becoming a hero of mine.

mxpocc

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2005, 02:09:46 AM »
Good comment Bosco.

Also you guys aren't stopping to think that there are people in the world that don't mind making 27k a year.

A close friend of mine is a 2L at U Texas. He is a huge hippy and doesn't care about money. He will probably work for a firm where they wear shorts and sandals and take 2 hour lunch breaks, and maybye be making as much as this Widener guy. Just because this guy isn't pulling in big bucks doesn't automatically mean thats all that was avaible to him.

EDIT: Grammar 

sarmstrong,

do those firms exist?  I could handle a lot less money if I could swing that kind of lifestyle too... does he have something like that lined up for this summer?  If so, he's quickly becoming a hero of mine.

move to Montana. almost all firms here are that way--no *&^%.

hdeth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2005, 08:32:30 PM »
whoaaaaaaaaaa.....660k in OC?!?!? whre the hell you living? I've never heard a figure near that high, always more in the 400~450k range, a little less if you can work them down a bit. seriously..where do you get those figures? i'm thinking about moving down to OC and for 660k...@#!* it! But i've never seen anything close to that unless your house has to be decent sized, but you'll never find a decent sized house in any of the areas you listed...

fromw hat i understand, SF is the most expensive, followed by san diego, then LA, then OC. average wages are highest in LA, then SF, then OC, then SD from what i understand.
I have seen some pretty decent houses in san bernadino and riverside for relatively cheap (still expensive) that you could commute to OC from...i couldn't stand living or wokring in LA, but thinking OC might be ok...SD and SF are too expensive...

DodgerLaw

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2005, 02:45:13 AM »
Here's an example of a house near the O.C. median. This house is in an older, decent, but by no means great, area of Tustin pretty much smack in the middle of Orange County. 1624 square feet, built in 1962. Listed at $689,000.

http://www.imrmls.com:8080/servlet/lFullDetail?proptype=RESIDENTIAL&ml=T502736

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2005, 12:12:31 PM »
You would be surprised how many people take low paying jobs, even from top schools...After all, residents in medschool immediately after graduation make similar low salaries.

Not a good example.  Medical residency is more of a continuation of education than it is considered employment (at least under the current laws thanks to the Bush Admin), like graduate students paid for research/teaching.  The hospitals have a captive workforce because you must complete a residency before becoming a full-fledged doctor, part of the reason why the salaries are so low.
Fed gov't atty

Highway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2005, 12:51:21 PM »
I pretty much blame everything that is wrong with the world and/or cosmos on Bush. He's a rich guy who grew up in a rich family and doesn't know anything about what the average American Joe Schmo needs. He pushes his own views onto the American public and uses the pulpit of the presidency to do whatever he wants to.

That said, I'm not saying that most Dems who run for president aren't the same.

The president will always be an easy target for anything going wrong in the country.

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2005, 01:20:02 PM »
Quote from: linquest

Not a good example.  Medical residency is more of a continuation of education than it is considered employment (at least under the current laws thanks to the Bush Admin),

holy darn, if I see one more thing blamed on Bush I am going to throw up!! WTF!!

I didn't "blame" Bush.  I don't necessarily think that decision was a bad one.  However, it is a fact that it was his ADMINISTRATION that reversed the court decisions from the Clinton-era since the influx of conservative appointees into the NLRB.
Fed gov't atty