Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Vandy, Notre Dame, IU-Bloomington Waitlists?  (Read 1712 times)

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
Re: Vandy, Notre Dame, IU-Bloomington Waitlists?
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2005, 04:38:06 PM »
Boots: If you were accepted to your top choice, you should already KNOW that you are smart enough to study law.  The only thing you seem to lack is confidence in your own abilities!

Who gives a damn what other schools think?  You got into the school you wanted.  That is an enormous accomplishment.  You aren't going to go to the other schools, right?  If that's the case, withdraw and let someone else get accepted to IUB, Vandy or ND.  Staying on the waitlists just for validation is ridiculous. 

You got what you wanted.  Go confidently in the direction of your dreams!

Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2005, 04:46:10 PM »
Sorry for the confusion if what I said was misleading, but the school I am in is my top choice of the schools I have gotten into so far. I would go to IU, Vandy, or ND, any of them, over this school though. I am not looking to get in for validation...I am looking to get in because I want to go. I REALLY want to get into these schools. Sorry again for the confusion. But yes, you are right. Staying
on just for validation would be asinine and selfish.  :-\

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2005, 04:57:37 PM »
OIC!

Well, you will be happy to know that there will probably be a spot opening at Indy Bloomington on June 2. (Mine)

Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2005, 05:22:12 PM »
Any particular reason?

lah05

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2005, 07:13:36 PM »
When were you accepted?

I received a phone call from Pat Clark about a week and a half ago.  I had previously been admitted to the MPA program so that may have increased my chances of getting off of the waitlist.  I also visited the school, which probably didn't hurt either.  If you have the opportunity to go visit and meet with Dean Long, I would highly recommend it.  The Dean is extremely helpful and the staff is very willing to work with you.   
Attending:  Indiana University-Bloomington
Go Hoosiers!

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2005, 07:16:02 PM »
I am hoping to get into WI...no other reason than wanting in state tuition. IUB is a terrific school and the people are wonderful.

Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2005, 08:02:01 PM »
I have met with Pat Clark twice. What are your numbers, if you don't mind me asking?

jbrooks1

• Sr. Citizen
  • Your Mom goes to college!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - brooksjb1
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - brooksjb1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2005, 04:19:51 PM »
Hippie Law - sad to see you defer on IUB...good luck getting into Wisconsin, from the post I've read of yours, I can tell you really want in there and would make a good fit for you and the school

Boots - as far as IUB waitlist, I'm sure it's hard to gauge with their rolling admissions and no seat deposit requirement, I would recommend staying in contact with them...Good luck with all your waitlists!
Knowin' nothing in life, But to be legit, Don't quote me boy, I ain't said *&^%.

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2005, 05:34:28 PM »
Thanks jbrooks.  While I really like IUB and think I could have enjoyed school there, my gut tells me that I should be where it makes the most sense financially and career wise.  I actually feel sad that I won't be in Bloomington in fall.  It seemed like more of an "adventure" to go out of state. 

lah05

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2005, 06:01:39 PM »
I have met with Pat Clark twice. What are your numbers, if you don't mind me asking?

Not sure if this was addressed to me since my numbers are in my signature, but 160/3.85.
Attending:  Indiana University-Bloomington
Go Hoosiers!