Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is My Brain Broken  (Read 2061 times)

jamesrhino

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Is My Brain Broken
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2004, 07:42:36 AM »
My biggest thing in LR tends to be getting tripped up with conditional reasoning and the sufficient/necessary thing.  I know the concepts backwards and forwards, and am fine applying it in LG, but sometimes I spend time setting up the sufficient/necessary/logic conditions in LR and it ends up that I don't have to.  Or questions where you really *should* set it up, I get tripped up in the wording.

These types of questions seem to be not as prevalent in the new tests, I don't think, but then again, I could just not be seeing where logical reasoning comes into play. 

Anyone else get tripped up like this?

I know exactly what you mean.  In addition, it drives me crazy when I spend a good amount of time to solve such questions, and I still get them wrong :( >:(

guyutegirl (Jew-Lo)

• Sr. Citizen
  • Donkey punch: It's not just for breakfast anymore
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Guyutegirl+JewLo
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Is My Brain Broken
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2004, 12:40:45 PM »
you do realize that it's near impossible to tell when you're joking and when you're being serious, right?

I like all sections of the LSAT. not only is the content interesting, but it keeps my mental skills sharp and refined.

lol! yeah, i guess can see that. It's safe to assume that I'm never being serious. The only time that may not apply is when i get myself into trouble when i'm taken seriously and i need to undo some mess i've caused. Then i announce i'm being serious while attempting to ameliorate the situation. 
Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.