Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is My Brain Broken  (Read 2087 times)

avh00a

• View Profile
Is My Brain Broken
« on: June 03, 2004, 03:33:12 PM »
I have been lurking on the boards for a while and finally i have to ask a question that has haunted me for the last couple of months...

Why is it that everyone else complains about the games sections (while i kill them) and never mention the arguments (which kill me)

Just so you know i usualy score between a 164-167 and get about 20-22 right on the games and 17-20 on the arguments.

Thanks.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
Re: Is My Brain Broken
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 03:36:14 PM »
I have been lurking on the boards for a while and finally i have to ask a question that has haunted me for the last couple of months...

Why is it that everyone else complains about the games sections (while i kill them) and never mention the arguments (which kill me)

Just so you know i usualy score between a 164-167 and get about 20-22 right on the games and 17-20 on the arguments.

Thanks.

because the only people who complain on these board are those that have trouble with games. 

trust me...there are a lot of people in the same predicament as you.  i was just like you...get every one of the games correctly but miss anywhere from 4-12 on LR. 

we are all underground...ssssshhhhh....
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

PennQuaker

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSN:pennquaker
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Lubester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 03:42:58 PM »
My name is Jon and I am a logic-game killing, logic-reasoning adequate test taker.
Depositing: Stanford
Waitlisting: Yale, Harvard

musicalone8123

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 04:56:08 PM »
Yeah, I hate the LR section. It bothers me that so many people seem so bewildered by Games, and yet the Games are the easiest to improve on and the easiest to get help with! Try finding ONE book that illuminates LR or RC the way that, say, the Logic Games Bible does with Games--you can't. So I definitely understand.

guyutegirl (Jew-Lo)

• Sr. Citizen
  • Donkey punch: It's not just for breakfast anymore
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Guyutegirl+JewLo
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 06:23:39 PM »
I like all sections of the LSAT. not only is the content interesting, but it keeps my mental skills sharp and refined.
Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.

Rachelb1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2004, 11:41:02 PM »
The Powerscore Logic Reasoning Bible is coming out in August 2004.  (doesn't help me for June!!!)  If it is half as good as the LGB, it will be well worth the price.

Rachel
qccepted Rutgers-EWR, Touro ($$)
pending, SUNY Buffalo, Hamline, CUNY
W/l      nowhere
denied   Cardozo

Ginatio

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2004, 11:52:25 PM »
you do realize that it's near impossible to tell when you're joking and when you're being serious, right?

I like all sections of the LSAT. not only is the content interesting, but it keeps my mental skills sharp and refined.

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2004, 12:16:01 AM »
I love games too.  It's the only thing keeping me up.  What are all y'alls undergraduate degrees in?  I got a BS in Electrical and Computer Engineering.
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

jamesrhino

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2004, 06:19:03 AM »
Yeah, I hate the LR section. It bothers me that so many people seem so bewildered by Games, and yet the Games are the easiest to improve on and the easiest to get help with! Try finding ONE book that illuminates LR or RC the way that, say, the Logic Games Bible does with Games--you can't. So I definitely understand.

I definitely agree that LR is the most difficult and challenging section.  All the other sections are straight forward.  The answers in LR sections can be quite ambiguous sometimes.

In the entire test, all my incorrect answers belong mostly to the LR section, not the Game or the RC section.

avh00a

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2004, 09:47:24 AM »
I love games too.  It's the only thing keeping me up.  What are all y'alls undergraduate degrees in?  I got a BS in Electrical and Computer Engineering.

I'm getting two degrees BBA's in Finance and Accounting.

and by the way it happened again last night 17/25 on the lr, 23/26 on the rc.  I hate myself