Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: G-town waitlisters  (Read 5407 times)

filialuna

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: G-town waitlisters
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2005, 01:03:48 AM »
I have been away for a few days and haven't had a chance to check out this thread, so forgive me if I bring you all back to old topics.

I received an email yesterday from GULC saying there were no openings right now, but after their June 1st seat deposit they would forward along any new information. Did everyone that got an email receive the same one? (I think it is the third at this point)

filialuna...congrats!

You have some great options. Was your email along the same lines as mine? 

Did anyone else respond to the email yet and hear anything?

Lots of questions I know, but I was so anxious to have this matter behind me after this week...but...I suppose that is why they call it the WAIT list.

Hahahha, yeah, i didnt even read the email just replied, yes interested, please KIT 
Yes, interesting, they dont have spots, but they are letting off the waitlist... and thank you for the congratulations... with some reluctance, (due to personal reasons I really really really want to be in NYC), I think i'll be taking it

Nizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2005, 03:16:42 AM »
I have been away for a few days and haven't had a chance to check out this thread, so forgive me if I bring you all back to old topics.

I received an email yesterday from GULC saying there were no openings right now, but after their June 1st seat deposit they would forward along any new information. Did everyone that got an email receive the same one? (I think it is the third at this point)

filialuna...congrats!

You have some great options. Was your email along the same lines as mine? 

Did anyone else respond to the email yet and hear anything?

Lots of questions I know, but I was so anxious to have this matter behind me after this week...but...I suppose that is why they call it the WAIT list.

Hahahha, yeah, i didnt even read the email just replied, yes interested, please KIT 
Yes, interesting, they dont have spots, but they are letting off the waitlist... and thank you for the congratulations... with some reluctance, (due to personal reasons I really really really want to be in NYC), I think i'll be taking it

I feel you, filialuna, I feel you.  I'm turnin down Fordham and 15 grand a year for G-town.  NYU and Columbia have both decided they would settle for me if they can't get, yah know, the people they really want.  It would be nice if they come through, but I am doin my best to get excited about the unique opportunities in DC.  Btw, Fordham is great, but G-town means less pressure in a very high pressure environment.

risingMC

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2005, 11:05:11 AM »
Got the email yesterday and confirmed, got admitted today.  yey?  I really want to be in NYC... I got into Cornell and had no problem turning ti down for fordham, (who wants to be in ithaca? yech...) but I don't mind dc, I live here now, and even though it's sorta boring, well, I could be somewhere more boring like Ithaca ;)  decisions decisions... NYU where are you?!?!?!?? I just want to be in at you!! I Love YOU!!!! please let me in..please?

Congrats!  :D

Elvis

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2005, 12:19:47 PM »
ditto.

adbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2005, 01:43:38 PM »
ditto.

GULC is breaking my heart.  I have to see it every day, like five times a day, because I work directly across the street.  it's hard getting the email that there are no spots and then people get off the waitlist the next day : (

but congrats to you guys who did.

siehead

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2005, 11:30:48 AM »
It's so sad, they send us emails saying that there are no more spots, while they accept other people off the waitlists. Why GULC, why!!!???

idontknow

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2005, 01:22:47 PM »
Yeah, I think my email said they won't notify me til June 15th. I guess there is a waitlist hierarchy.

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2005, 11:38:09 PM »
I don't think I can take much more of this...the high of thinking something is coming "by the end of the week" just doesn't seem worth it when you come crashing down after no actual decision. 

Oh well...at least we have each other.

lawschoolny

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2005, 02:11:21 AM »
It seems that they're still taking people off the waitlist. I think the emails for updates are a good sign...

I just got my acceptance email this week after replying :)

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2005, 04:17:34 AM »
Got the email yesterday and confirmed, got admitted today.  yey?  I really want to be in NYC... I got into Cornell and had no problem turning ti down for fordham, (who wants to be in ithaca? yech...) but I don't mind dc, I live here now, and even though it's sorta boring, well, I could be somewhere more boring like Ithaca ;)  decisions decisions... NYU where are you?!?!?!?? I just want to be in at you!! I Love YOU!!!! please let me in..please?

Congrats!
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.